advertisement

Bristol Show 2020

Might pop down one day, it's a three line whip for everyone else here bar us in the service department and those in the warehouse.
Might combine it with a visit to my mate Matt who works at Bare Grills who are knocking out some of the best BBQ in the South West at the moment. http://baregrills-smokehouse.co.uk/

I used to go to Manchester as it was good to chat to staff & it was a short journey but Bristol would need to be a 2 day trip as wives would want to go shopping. When Audio-T shut their Preston store last year, the lady partner, who originates from Lancaster, asked if I would be going & I said not when it clashes with the 6 Nations Rugby. Apparently they have to book the venue a few years in advance & there are limited dates on offer. I might get there one year but to be honest, they do not turn me on these days. My favourite shows were back in the days at Harrogate.
I can recommend the Northern Show at Cranage Hall, in June. 10 Minutes' drive from J18 of the M6.

I can recommend the Northern Show at Cranage Hall, in June. 10 Minutes' drive from J18 of the M6.

Yes I have done it in the past with my neighbour which is a reasonable half day out for us, but in all honesty I limit my visits these days as I have got old & grumpy (some say I have always been grumpy) & I have no desire to change any of my kit.

We'll need to synchronise our clocks, er, watches. How do you propose we do that accurately enough...
I believe £2500 does it, not quite sure how it works though ... perhaps it is easier to just look on our phones, I do think I know how they work, they get the correct time from the cell tower ...

They say you should never meet your heroes, but im desperate to meet Keith and Julf.

Could be a long technical conversation though. :)

I'm going on Friday and am determined to find some way of being recognisable as a PFM member.

I've currently arrived at three possibilities:

1. Touring the show entirely naked, save for a strategically placed Pink 'Cod' Piece.

2. A small lapel badge bearing the legend 'PFM'. This one is difficult.. as I don't usually have lapels....especially on my CodPiece

3. Wandering about screaming "Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm!!.." at the top of my voice.

Which would members prefer?

I'm going on Friday and am determined to find some way of being recognisable as a PFM member.

I've currently arrived at three possibilities:

1. Touring the show entirely naked, save for a strategically placed Pink 'Cod' Piece.

2. A small lapel badge bearing the legend 'PFM'. This one is difficult.. as I don't usually have lapels....especially on my CodPiece

3. Wandering about screaming "Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm!!.." at the top of my voice.

Which would members prefer?
I'm happy for you to lead the way here Mull, though I might expect 1. & 3. to have you ejected quite quickly, this might work very well, the collection of nearly naked people screaming "Pee Eff Emm" outside the entrance is obviously the pfm meet and great?

Surely dressing in pink from head to toe for identification purposes is the obvious answer here?

Or is that another kind of event, im getting mixed up with?

I think we should all turn up with a suit jacket over a bare chest, then post a group photo to annoy the resident forum philosopher

I may go, my only gripe is why do the presenters of systems play such utter pretentious music which fills the listener with an emptiness. My only conclusion is that the particular choice of music shows of the bass, the female singer and perhaps the other instruments but it all is so boring, lifeless and unimaginative. The presenter excuse would be 'we cannot satisfy every ones taste' well that's kind of obvious but the music of choice does not have to be the other way so bad............

Many moons ago I thought it would be funny to ask a guy demo'ing some tiny bookshelf speakers they imported to play some Rage Against The Machine, he obligingly turned it up a whack demonstrating just how poor said speakers were at banging out such tunes at decent levels. I have grown up a little since then, even at the time I felt a little sorry I had asked. Nobody benefited from my childish game, and perhaps I'm one of the reasons they all play dull stuff now? Sorry all.

advertisement

Back