advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't give a toss what they do, I support United, not City, and if Liverpool win it, then they've deserved to win it. Have respect for the likes of Paisley, and Shankly.. obviously club rivalry runs deep, but i'll not lose sleep over what they do, I just have a problem with a whole history of shithouse behaviour from their 'fans' that was even condemned at the time by club legends, but is whitewashed from history.

I'm appalled at the racist abuse. I've watched from all sides of the ground and while the language has been a bit fruity, I've never heard anyone spouting racism. Who ever they are they should be banned from the ground for life.

I'm appalled at the racist abuse. I've watched from all sides of the ground and while the language has been a bit fruity, I've never heard anyone spouting racism. Who ever they are they should be banned from the ground for life.

What about the missile throwing, Bernard, old chap? .. I remember the moral high ground on here when Liverpool fans attacked City's bus was so elevated, it had snow on it's lower peaks. ;):D

Quite right, missile throwing is not on either but Barry, please don't start telling me the that United fans are wonderful in this respect. 2 members of my family have been been United season ticket holders for the past 20 years and they have reported similar things in the past.

Quite right, missile throwing is not on either but Barry, please don't start telling me the that United fans are wonderful in this respect. 2 members of my family have been been United season ticket holders for the past 20 years and they have reported similar things in the past.

Oh, Bernard, they probably couldn't see the Halo's for the shining trophy haul. Not Racism or coin throwing to be fair. As a season ticket holder for 15 years, until life put pay to that pleasure, I can honestly say i'd not witnessed it, nor remember it being reported. I remember our support being vilified for standing, especially at away games during the second half of the Fergie years in particular. That's where the 'Stand Up for the Champions!!' began, as a protest to the safety demands. In all seriousness, no, every club has it's morons, but sadly the few will always tarnish the many. Look at the England vs Bulgaria match, not everyone there were guilty of vile chanting, but there were calls to ban them from Tournaments because of 200 or so organised racists.
For the record, i'm just making the most of a rare silver lining in a dark cloud at the moment, and the way Bob posts, I think i'm allowed a little poetic license today. :)

United played really well today and deserved the win. Hope that City can identify the person(s) who threw the objects at Fred, and for a start, ban them for life.

Another good week for LFC fans. It was fun to see so many bench players contributing to the two PL wins. Worrisome to see Lovren go out, but Gomez played pretty well at CB. Let’s hope the momentum carries over to Tuesday, and they advance in the CL with a win over Red Bull.

With the quality of players its too early to say City have bottled it but blimey it sure looked like it against Utd. At risk of sounding like Corbyn and going high, it's lazy to crow at the racists in the city crowd, it's a problem in society and can rear its head amongst any team's supporters.
TOTL.
Come on Villa!

Poor old Bob. I hope he's enjoyed their moment in the sun. Utd aren't the first team to do that to City this season and won't be the last. But for some profligate finishing it could have been 4 or 5 in that first half. Guardiola seemed properly rattled. The other PL coaches have sussed him out.

Well played LFC and also Utd for raising their game against an ordinary City team on the day. The video I’ve seen should make the identification of the ‘monkey mimicking’ and lighter throwers pretty straightforward for GMP.

Was pleased too for my Everton mates that they put on a performance for the Big Man

Come on Villa!

Pretty piss poor result for us against Leeds, we are completely riven with injuries & had to recall a load of 3rd string player who were on loan to various non-league clubs. There are very few teams I hate but Leeds are one of them. Their players proudly continue the dirty tradition, two of them should have been sent off in the first half. Apparently we have lost 'our cup final' & despite the gloating we are not really rivals anyway etc etc.

Interesting to hear one of the City players in a post match interview yesterday saying that they wouldn't give up trying to catch Liverpool until it was mathematically impossible.
Maybe they should concern themselves with catching Leicester first - just a thought.;)

Celtic stole the League Cup from under Rangers' noses this afternoon. They played at their best this season and we played at our worst, but the football gods were on our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back