advertisement

Kit you regretted buying

My Naim Headline headphone amp, as I discovered that I really don't like to listen to headphones on my main system. It's been used less than half a dozen times, and is currently sitting in a box in the closet.

Mike Hanson

Yeah, I know I should sell it. The problem is that by the time I pull it out, polish it up, take a pretty picture, list it on one or more classifieds, etc., the time I've spent could exceed the potential sale price of the unit.

Mike Hanson

I regret buying all the old second hand hifi bangers over the years. They were either bust or put in a cupboard. Nostalgia is expensive.

I bought a Hadcock arm for my Micro Solid 1 years ago I could never set it up
successfully I wish I hadnt chucked it in the bin though.

Yeah, I know I should sell it. The problem is that by the time I pull it out, polish it up, take a pretty picture, list it on one or more classifieds, etc., the time I've spent could exceed the potential sale price of the unit.

Mike Hanson

If you're sure you don't want it, you can probably see if Tom Tom would buy it or take low ball offers and shift it without making much of an effort.

You probably are already aware of it, but I wanted to throw it out there all the same.

I am quite pleased to say that I barely have any regrets!

The closest was a Linn Linto I bought recently from a dealer. I had always wanted one. With the Ulrika upgrade these are becoming quite common. Paid £500 for it. A/Bed it when it arrived against my 640p. There was barely any difference and I do mean barely. So put in on ebay the same day it arrived - fortunately got £570 for it which paid all costs.

CJ

I am quite pleased to say that I barely have any regrets!

The closest was a Linn Linto I bought recently from a dealer. I had always wanted one. With the Ulrika upgrade these are becoming quite common. Paid £500 for it. A/Bed it when it arrived against my 640p. There was barely any difference and I do mean barely. So put in on ebay the same day it arrived - fortunately got £570 for it which paid all costs.

CJ

you must have had your felt mat round the wrong way

interesting thread. Surprising that over 30+ years I have had no regrets, really. All my equipment has sounded pretty good and most pieces have stayed in the system for at least a year. Have upgraded only when I stumbled across bargains.

I would have been more upset if I had put my SME 3012 in the bin.

..... no I won't say it ;)

Smithy, we must sort another riverside meeting now summer is here.
Shame Thorsten spends most of his time in China these days.

Name the pub lets try and get a few members together,I am sure there is a few around who wouldnt mind an excuse for a beer or two somewhere in central London.

teac vrds 7, it just sounded lifeless and veild
marantz dv4100 seriously unreliable
apollo aria (modular) hifi rack, now don't get me wrong this was a beautifully made peice of kit but they changed the finish so when i came to buy more shelfs they didn't match

advertisement

Back