advertisement

Noel Gallagher - Sunday Times

Dan.Scott1234

pfm Member
Really impressed with the free Noel Gallagher CD today. I've been waiting for him to do a solo project for years - maybe this is the start of things to come?

Anyone else been having a listen?

Could have done with a bit more warning here. Now I'll never be able to truthfully say that I've never bought anything by Gallagher or Oasis.

I can't believe anyone still falls for this. The guy is a chump. Or maybe that's the listeners? Either way, he never has, and never will have anything to say.

It is mass produced pop shite being churned out today.
Besides, Girls Aloud et al. aren't allowed to write their own songs, there's some competent people behind the important stuff.

Still being played live and not mimed.

Have a listen to a commercial radio station for an hour and you will notice that there's a lot worse out there.

Personally I'd rather the art of recording music where the artists can write their own material, play their own instruments and sing live without the aid of a backing track or vocal harmoniser would continue.

Otherwise we're just left with Girls Aloud and the competent people behind them.

Personally I'd rather the art of recording music where the artists can write their own material, play their own instruments and sing live without the aid of a backing track or vocal harmoniser would continue.

Otherwise we're just left with Girls Aloud and the competent people behind them.

Are you suggesting that it's a new thing for someone to write a song, and a different person performs it?
Girls Aloud don't mime or use pitch correction, I saw the opening of the Brits and they were all flat as pancakes.

Oasis was just a fad for young angry working class white men in the mid 90's

At best they made some good anthems for the pub, nothing more.

advertisement

Back