advertisement

PFM's Picture a Week 2024

Part of the old port at Boston. Whenever I visit Boston, it's always tinged with sadness - there's so much evidence that this was once a thriving place, wealthy even judging by many of the beautiful houses around the town. Now, it just feels so tired, and parts of it are not places I'd wish to wander after dark.

Port of Boston by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Pentax K-5iis/DA 20-40 Limited

South Bank Skatepark_2 & 3:

53612336123_9b1688c68f_b.jpg

53612574795_9d5f81472a_b.jpg

Fuji X-T30 / XF18-55

A bit random I suppose. I've owned these Meindl Burmas for 25 years this month, originally being bought to complete the Coast 2 Coast Walk at Easter 1999. Only got them the week before starting the walk (a bit foolish I know) but in all this time, having walked many hundreds of miles in them, I haven't one single blister. They truly are the most comfortable shoes I own.

Trusty old friends by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Yesterday evening at St Botolph's in Boston (aka The Stump). Lincs Youth Wind Orchestra along with the Lincs Youth Symphony Orchestra put on the most wonderful concert to mark the end of their week's residential course. A fabulous evening of music-making, these youngsters played with style, maturity and a sound that belied their young age.

Our eldest daughter, accepting the applause after her flute cadenza in the previous piece. Our youngest is at the back amongst the percussion section. Makes me so proud, bringing back many memories of my youth doing similar things and setting the foundation for my own career in music.

LYWO 2024 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

GR III

Not my photo, but I saw it earlier in the Cambridge University Botanic Garden, part of an outdoor exhibition. Astonishing!

This 1 mm tall Craterium minutum slime mould was found on decaying vegetation, at the edge of a compost heap in my garden, captured following a hard frost. I was surprised to see the unusually cube-shaped ice formations on the fruiting body of this slime mould. This shot is comprised of 87 focus bracketed images, focus stacked together.

By Barry Webb.

Yesterday evening at St Botolph's in Boston (aka The Stump). Lincs Youth Wind Orchestra along with the Lincs Youth Symphony Orchestra put on the most wonderful concert to mark the end of their week's residential course. A fabulous evening of music-making, these youngsters played with style, maturity and a sound that belied their young age.

Our eldest daughter, accepting the applause after her flute cadenza in the previous piece. Our youngest is at the back amongst the percussion section. Makes me so proud, bringing back many memories of my youth doing similar things and setting the foundation for my own career in music.

LYWO 2024 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

GR III

I bet you are proud too. Marvellous.

I had a similar rainbow pic down in Devon, this week. Think that particular pot of gold will be somewhat sodden..
53626987741_7f0febcee6_b.jpg

Countisbury Hill leading into Lynmouth, just after a rain shower and the sun had come out again. 1-in-4 ahead so low gear selected.
Once clear of town, catapulted up and out the other side, 3rd gear, 5 cylinder warbling away happily.
53624817331_262aac5a34_b.jpg

advertisement

Back