advertisement

Sound quality of different electricity providers using tunemethod.

AndyU

pfm Member
As it is an accepted fact that the source should be put first in hifi systems of any quality, I was wondering if anyone had experience of changing electricity suppliers, say from E.ON to NPower. Or, if you are into streaming, is it better to change internet provider first?

I'm pretty sure that, like gas or water, it remains the same regardless of who you pay to deliver it (water companies poss. excepted). You are quite right, though, in acknowledging that the juice is the primary source, unlike the LP12 (fruit-box) which Ivor insisted was the source many moons ago. :)

Last edited:
As it is an accepted fact that the source should be put first in hifi systems of any quality, I was wondering if anyone had experience of changing electricity suppliers, say from E.ON to NPower. Or, if you are into streaming, is it better to change internet provider first?
Hope ye have n’t bought any expensive gear tae compare…Npower has been part of EON for around 2 years now…😎

Anyone with solar panels have some blind testing results (not sure how you would do that...) running from the grid or from sunlight?

EDIT: Having just typed that, I'm worried that someone will have done that and found a difference...

I think it might be time to start using a captur challenge on every post in this forum :)

I'd contest the first assertion made anyway. Source first was very much a truism in the analogue days of TTs. Given it was a theory that was meant to guide people on how much they should be spending on the various parts of their system (it was a diametrically oposed position to the speakers first tenet that was "the truth" up until Linn changed thinking), I'd assert that the people should be reverting back to that old speaker first mentality. Electronics is cheap, a digital source that's totally accurate (to the limits of human perception), is cheaper than any equal quality amplification or speakers is ever going to be (with the cost increasing as you go further down the chain generally speaking).

Now if someone would ask ChatGPT or similar to provide an answer!
I just did ask ChatGPT …

” In the curious realm of audiophile fantasies, let us traverse the audiosphere influenced by the enchanting electricity suppliers of the United Kingdom.

Behold, the "Sonic Serenity Spectrum" brought forth by WattWave, a company rumored to infuse your audio with a gentle hum reminiscent of a British tea kettle's melodic whistle. Advocates claim that, under the caress of WattWave's electrons, your speakers will sing in perfect harmony, as if Beethoven himself were tuning each note from the ethereal realm.

On the opposing end of the power spectrum, we have ElectraPulse, with enthusiasts swearing by the "Dynamic Dynamo Surge." These audiophiles revel in the belief that ElectraPulse injects their soundscapes with an electrifying energy, akin to a musical lightning bolt that zaps life into each musical note, transforming a mere melody into a symphonic storm.

Meanwhile, HarmoniGrid proponents argue that their chosen supplier weaves a delicate tapestry of balance and clarity. The "Resonance Reservoir" of HarmoniGrid supposedly purifies the very essence of electrical flow, granting audiophiles an audio nirvana akin to hearing a celestial choir of electrons.

In this whimsical exploration, each audiophile becomes a seeker of sonic utopia, chasing the elusive harmony promised by their chosen electricity supplier. Whether basking in the serene embrace of WattWave, riding the dynamic surges of ElectraPulse, or reveling in the balanced resonance of HarmoniGrid, these enthusiasts dance on the precipice between reality and the sweet delirium of imagined auditory euphoria.”

- ChatGPT

(I thought that “these enthusiasts dance on the precipice between reality and the sweet delirium of imagined auditory euphoria.” was brilliant).

Good afternoon all,

I could, stress could, conduct an experiment using the incoming mains as is, or I could try using the output from the SolarEdge inverter direct or either the Tesla Powerwall generated mains or the Sunsynk hybrid inverter generated mains to determine if there is any difference but I'm not inclined to...........

Regards

Richard

Good afternoon all,

I could, stress could, conduct an experiment using the incoming mains as is, or I could try using the output from the SolarEdge inverter direct or either the Tesla Powerwall generated mains or the Sunsynk hybrid inverter generated mains to determine if there is any difference but I'm not inclined to...........

Regards

Richard
You've sown the "what if" seed now Richard, you have to see it through to fruition :)

You should really be going to the source for a proper comparison. Is the lecky being generated by wind, hydro, solar, nuclear,gas or coal powered stations. Only then can you be truly enlightened 🤣

advertisement

Back