advertisement

Hurried unplanned shot of the new boy in town

IMG-1446.jpg

new boy = technics sl1200g with ortofon 2m black, homemade record weight feeding an arkless phono
next to old boy,
heybrook tt2s (cast alloy chassis) modded with origin live onyx ( upgraded wiring) offboard Heed psu and another 2m black, feeding an arkless turbo phono

roksan blak c.d. player
roksan K3 int. amp.
all Chord interconnects
mark grant speaker cables
pmc fb1i speakers on homemade decoupling stands.
monitor audio bronze bx10 10” active sub (infrequent usage)

(can’t be arsed to list the second system that is in the room as well)

After searching for 3-4 years, I have finally found another pair of Rega R9s. The previous pair I owned for 5 years and sold them in 2019 as our house at the time was too small. Two moves later and we finally have a much larger living room. This pair are I believe the later version with the rectangle woofer grilles, I prefer the oval ones but as these come up for sale so rarely, I could not be picky!

Rega & Yamaha
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

My old pair in an all-Rega system

Rega System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr
Beautiful speakers.

Having convinced myself that; i'm finished building a system and that one system is enough. I spent this afternoon testing it at the limits. Kent Modern compilations, some Handel and the mildly appropriate Scientist; Wins the World Cup.

Some tweaks are definitely needed; the lights on the turntable PSU and phonostage aren't quite the same intensity and i need the think about some softening of surfaces behind the speakers.

Kit-wise however I am done.

@raysablade Nice and simple. Also, very interesting with the Sugden, did it replace Naim boxes given you have a Fraim rack?

I did have Naim gear before the Sugden but on a monstrous Hi-Fi Racks Podium edifice, full reference set with the isolation platforms. 6 tiers iirc

The wife hated it and asked if we could replace it. Took her on a trip to the dealer and was surprised that she liked the Fraim rack most and didn't baulk at the price.

The aesthetic fit with the Auralic Alatair and Sugden A21 is coincidence but a happy one.

Last edited:
I did have Naim gear before the Sugden but on a monstrous hi-fi racks Podium edifice, full reference set with the isolation platforms. 6 tiers iirc

The wife hated it and asked if we could replace it. Took her on a trip to the dealer and was surprised that she liked the Fraim rack most and didn't baulk at the price.

The aesthetic fit with the Auralic Alatair and Sugden A21 is coincidence but a happy one.
Ah, understood. Yes, the Fraim is very expensive indeed. Nice seeing the RP6 too - I have a the white variant.

Ah, understood. Yes, the Fraim is very expensive indeed. Nice seeing the RP6 too - I have a the white variant.

I'm completely content with the RP6/RB330/Exact combination. My only sadness is a nagging doubt that I should be. I see what people mean about the Exact looking like a toy, however it sounds completely grown up to me. I've long wondered if a yellow plinth would help it fade into the background, I keep my eye out for one;)

I'm completely content with the RP6/RB330/Exact combination. My only sadness is a nagging doubt that I should be. I see what people mean about the Exact looking like a toy, however it sounds completely grown up to me. I've long wondered if a yellow plinth would help it fade into the background, I keep my eye out for one;)

I love the yellow of the Exact. So much, I bought a yellow Rega mat to replace the black one on my white RP6. Looks a great combo to me!

Having convinced myself that; i'm finished building a system and that one system is enough. I spent this afternoon testing it at the limits. Kent Modern compilations, some Handel and the mildly appropriate Scientist; Wins the World Cup.

Some tweaks are definitely needed; the lights on the turntable PSU and phonostage aren't quite the same intensity and i need the think about some softening of surfaces behind the speakers.

Kit-wise however I am done.

Nice setup, I have an RP6 as well. Which Falcon is that?

advertisement

Back