advertisement

Glad you are chuffed Ged. The quality of Fraser's cabinet work is as good as any I've seen, top notch and a lovely bloke too.

I'm over the moon with them Frank along with the restoration work you did on the drivers/crossovers.

Yes, top bloke Fraser - shame we all had to head off home from your place yesterday afternoon.

You played some great music and your system sounded excellent with my new speakers, I will message you to get names of some of the tracks played.

I'm over the moon with them Frank along with the restoration work you did on the drivers/crossovers.

Yes, top bloke Fraser

You played some great music and your system sounded excellent with my new speakers, I will message you to get names of some of the tracks played.
Cheers GED, I'll try to remember what we played and send a list.

It’s been a while since my last picture, but nothing major has changed.As far as I remember the recent changes are (1) Elac DDP-2 as a central device, (2) adjusting the B&W FS700 stands for the Neumanns, (3) the subs are DSPed and configured to mono per Neumanns instructions and alignment software, (4) Ortofon SPU #1E on loan instead of my trusty DL-103/A110

Hmm, i’ve been busy after all in recent times :)

Equipment list:
1)DIY turntable - code name “Wlith”
2)Phono DIY RJM phonoclone
3)Ortofon SPU #1E or Denon DL-A110 anniversary
4)Elac DDP-2 preamp/streamer/dac
5)Neumann KH310A monitors
6)Neumann KH750 subs
7)Neumann system aligned with Neumann MA1 microphone/software

10d1RNy.jpg

ICT6cG4.jpg

py7zxI9.jpg

ZgYKy4V.jpg

d9frpck.jpg

Don’t the Japanese love putting big Tannoys in small rooms?

Cheers BB

So do I…:cool:

IMG-0785.jpg

Gear : -

PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium pre-amp
PrimaLuna Evo 400 monoblock power amps x 2
Pioneer F91 Reference Tuner
Pioneer CT-91a Reference cassette deck
Monarch 2.1 Direct Drive turntable
Inspire X200 Mk.3 - 12” tonearm
Tannoy Arden Mk1 (1976)
Rotel Tribute 11 CD Player
Pro-ject TubeBox DS2 phono stage.

Last edited:
BC1s in a small room here.

Had a complete overhaul, nothing remains of the system I posted in January, after stating I wasn't planning on any changes this year!

20230722-145859.jpg

System is now;
Rega Planar 3 50th anniversary
Tisbury Domino PS
WiiM Pro streaming Tidal hifi & Spotify
Rega Saturn-R CDP/DAC
Khozmo Dual Mono Passive Pre
Leak Stereo 20
Spendor BC1s
Also got the Quad 303 I can swap in when the weathers hot or I just fancy a change

BC1s in a small room here.

Had a complete overhaul, nothing remains of the system I posted in January, after stating I wasn't planning on any changes this year!

20230722-145859.jpg

System is now;
Rega Planar 3 50th anniversary
Tisbury Domino PS
WiiM Pro streaming Tidal hifi & Spotify
Rega Saturn-R CDP/DAC
Khozmo Dual Mono Passive Pre
Leak Stereo 20
Spendor BC1s
Also got the Quad 303 I can swap in when the weathers hot or I just fancy a change
The speaker stands remind me of the ones I had under my Mordaunt Short Pageant 2s

Nice sofa, cool cat and Planets: intriguing-looking speakers, what do they sound like? Also, what's that in front of the fireplace? Some sort of heater?

They energize the room really well. The sound is balanced from top to bottom with a beautiful tonality. Imaging is also good and accurate. My Larsens have similar qualities but these sound more open and transparent. The Larsens are a bit more mellow compared to the Planets, also very nice speakers.

That’s a heater in front of the fireplace ;)

It’s been a while since my last picture, but nothing major has changed.As far as I remember the recent changes are (1) Elac DDP-2 as a central device, (2) adjusting the B&W FS700 stands for the Neumanns, (3) the subs are DSPed and configured to mono per Neumanns instructions and alignment software, (4) Ortofon SPU #1E on loan instead of my trusty DL-103/A110

Equipment list:
6)Neumann KH750 subs

10d1RNy.jpg

ICT6cG4.jpg

py7zxI9.jpg

ZgYKy4V.jpg

d9frpck.jpg
Lovely set up and room you have there.

Ref the TT; is there any advantage to having the motor sitting so far forward in the plinth or is it purely aesthetic?

Equipment list:
6)Neumann KH750 subs

10d1RNy.jpg

ICT6cG4.jpg

py7zxI9.jpg

ZgYKy4V.jpg

d9frpck.jpg
I'm really amazed, euh no, flabbergasted by those "artists" building their own turntable that put to shame the design of many manufacturers, awesome work !

Lovely set up and room you have there.

Ref the TT; is there any advantage to having the motor sitting so far forward in the plinth or is it purely aesthetic?

Thanks for the kind words :)

It was a purely aesthetic reason in order to be able to accomodate a 12” tonearm, while keeping the footprint on the “smaller” size.

I'm really amazed, euh no, flabbergasted by those "artists" building their own turntable that put to shame the design of many manufacturers, awesome work !

Thanks :) But I cant take any credit for the turntable, as I’ve mentioned in the past, it’s a DIY project from a very close friend of mine from this parish, @InSides.

After searching for 3-4 years, I have finally found another pair of Rega R9s. The previous pair I owned for 5 years and sold them in 2019 as our house at the time was too small. Two moves later and we finally have a much larger living room. This pair are I believe the later version with the rectangle woofer grilles, I prefer the oval ones but as these come up for sale so rarely, I could not be picky!

Rega & Yamaha
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

My old pair in an all-Rega system

Rega System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

advertisement

Back