advertisement

Schiit CD transport

The USB input and two outputs make this an interesting product, and with the StreamUnlimited mech should sound good. No SACD is a problem for me but not for most. As with all Schiit, it's a better proposition if you're in the US.

yes for the money they are very good . i have had several schitt products . the only one to play up was a freya . but they seem very popular .

notice what darko said

And in case you suspect Schiit might have cheaped out on the internal components to pull off this wizardry, know that the Urd uses a metal CD tray and mechanism from StreamUnlimited, the power supply is all linear and features two transformers, one of which is dedicated to the drive. Urd comes wrapped in a Freya-sized chassis (and with a Freya-styled remote) that’s made just down the road from Schiit’s Valencia facility where Urd is assembled.

Would be nice to see inside , looks plain outside maybe they have spent money inside , some fancy looking transports outside have the bare minimum inside , phil.

Looks like that would be around the £1,325'ish mark landed in the UK. Given no dem or loan facilities that I'm aware of, it's quite a gamble. Do they offer a decent return period?

Return to the US would also be a pain/cost for any warranty work.

The Pro-Ject uses the CD Pro8 drive for top loading and Blue Tiger servo, the Schitt uses the Streamunlimited JPL-2800 drive I think, it has a bar running either side of the disc tray to aid smooth loading I assume.

Very expensive compared to project, But project will buy in very big volumes

Blue Tiger / Streamunlimited
We were founded in 2006 by ex-Philips CD-Gurus, and since then we have been constantly supplying various well known hifi brands around the world.
Our latest products are the CD-Pro8, CD-Pro8 Tray and a new family of servoboards, which are even better than the predecessors.

a83b4d_657667b2692f4c9eb37dac63390586db~mv2.jpg

pro-ject-cd-box-ds3-02.jpg

Would be nice to see inside , looks plain outside maybe they have spent money inside , some fancy looking transports outside have the bare minimum inside , phil.

I mean the first post links to the Schiit page which clearly shows the internals (as always).

urd%20internal%201920-2.jpg

2 transformers , dont say clock make , not that many caps , jays cd2 mk3 is my ist choice , second the project rs2 , then audiolab cdt9000
Looking at the internals I'm guessing the second transformer is to power the motor on the transport. Caps look fine for the application. There's no analog audio circuits.

advertisement

Back