advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Still full of cold so chilling in the garden on this glorious day, BBQ’ing, looking at holidays etc. Watched all the Prince stuff last night on BBC2, excellent!

Interesting, we're both coming through the worst cold for years, picked it up in London a couple of weeks ago.

Spent a lot of days where we were mainly sneezing but timely Ibuprofen and Peroni helped.

Interesting, we're both coming through the worst cold for years, picked it up in London a couple of weeks ago.

Spent a lot of days where we were mainly sneezing but timely Ibuprofen and Peroni helped.

Think we picked it up in Bristol last weekend (both of us). Worse today than yesterday, although that may have been the BBQ beers and Côtes du Rhône!

Cloudy here at present for the first time in days, but forecast to brighten up later..

As for yesterday....I had an appointment at a health centre in St Helens which has extensive parking to the rear.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4550486,-2.7238783,53m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

I parked in one of the four 'disabled' specs next to 'Atlas Pharmacy', because they were all free, and I have a blue badge. It's really a case of 'swings and roundabouts' regarding distance from the disabled and 'normal' spaces to the entrance, but there were more 'disabled' than 'normal' specs free, so I reasoned I'd leave an extra space for those without blue badges.

When I emerged, I was able to back out of my space and approach the 'access' road, to make my way out. A lady was also following behind me from one of the 'normal' spaces. However, I couldn't get out of the side bay because some moron had abandoned a huge old Jag in the access road next to the silver and black cars seen in the pic. Unneccessary because there were a number of free spaces, both 'normal' and 'disabled'. Meanwhile a frail old chap was trying to reverse his little car, a Micra or somesuch, from the row of spaces at 90 degrees, against the wall opposite the Jag. Several of us gathered to help the old chap manouvre. He was very flustered by this point.

Very annoyed, I marched back into the centre's waiting room and enquired as to whether anyone would own up to 'abandoning' the Jag. Several people told me that it would be the bloke who'd been going out as I went in. They all seemed to be aware of him. As I re-emerged, the bloke was by his car and being told he was not in a parking space and was causing an obstruction.

"I know", he replied, without apology, "I'm going in a minute.."... then proceeded to start rummaging in his boot.

Another person said: "We're all waiting.." and the offender responded. "That's twice I've been told now". "Let's make it three", I said. Things continued until he was counting at every word.. '"Five times..Six times" etc.. and still making no attempt to move. At this point I shouted. "Stop counting and just move the bloody thing!", whereupon he looked up and finally appeared to grasp the chaos he was causing. His reaction was to shout: "WHY DON'T YOU ALL F*** OFF!!! .. To which I instinctively responded.. "WE CAN'T F*** OFF BECAUSE YOU WON'T F*** OFF!!!

At this point he finally got into his car and drove towards me, clearly expecting me and the lady behind me to reverse back into our vacated spaces to allow him to do a three point turn. I didn't move, which forced him to reverse all of ten yards towards the exit to turn around and then drive to the exit. All the way waving two fingers out of his Driver's window and shouting "F*** OFF!!!" repeatedly at the top of his voice. When he reached the exit, he sat stationary for a full minute, blocking entry for someone waiting to drive in, as well as exit for me.

What a charmer!

Cloudy here at present for the first time in days, but forecast to brighten up later..

As for yesterday....I had an appointment at a health centre in St Helens which has extensive parking to the rear.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4550486,-2.7238783,53m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

I parked in one of the four 'disabled' specs next to 'Atlas Pharmacy', because they were all free, and I have a blue badge. It's really a case of 'swings and roundabouts' regarding distance from the disabled and 'normal' spaces to the entrance, but there were more 'disabled' than 'normal' specs free, so I reasoned I'd leave an extra space for those without blue badges.

When I emerged, I was able to back out of my space and approach the 'access' road, to make my way out. A lady was also following behind me from one of the 'normal' spaces. However, I couldn't get out of the side bay because some moron had abandoned a huge old Jag in the access road next to the silver and black cars seen in the pic. Unneccessary because there were a number of free spaces, both 'normal' and 'disabled'. Meanwhile a frail old chap was trying to reverse his little car, a Micra or somesuch, from the row of spaces at 90 degrees, against the wall opposite the Jag. Several of us gathered to help the old chap manouvre. He was very flustered by this point.

Very annoyed, I marched back into the centre's waiting room and enquired as to whether anyone would own up to 'abandoning' the Jag. Several people told me that it would be the bloke who'd been going out as I went in. They all seemed to be aware of him. As I re-emerged, the bloke was by his car and being told he was not in a parking space and was causing an obstruction.

"I know", he replied, without apology, "I'm going in a minute.."... then proceeded to start rummaging in his boot.

Another person said: "We're all waiting.." and the offender responded. "That's twice I've been told now". "Let's make it three", I said. Things continued until he was counting at every word.. '"Five times..Six times" etc.. and still making no attempt to move. At this point I shouted. "Stop counting and just move the bloody thing!", whereupon he looked up and finally appeared to grasp the chaos he was causing. His reaction was to shout: "WHY DON'T YOU ALL F*** OFF!!! .. To which I instinctively responded.. "WE CAN'T F*** OFF BECAUSE YOU WON'T F*** OFF!!!

At this point he finally got into his car and drove towards me, clearly expecting me and the lady behind me to reverse back into our vacated spaces to allow him to do a three point turn. I didn't move, which forced him to reverse all of ten yards towards the exit to turn around and then drive to the exit. All the way waving two fingers out of his Driver's window and shouting "F*** OFF!!!" repeatedly at the top of his voice. When he reached the exit, he sat stationary for a full minute, blocking entry for someone waiting to drive in, as well as exit for me.

What a charmer!

ah i was talking about St helens today as the Vicar that led the funeral used to be there . When he left they sent a big coach of folks to send him off . My bro has just retired from working there too

Busy day.
Looked for a replacement blue shirt to replace one that I ruined yesterday. Nearly scored one in TKMaxx. M&S were atrocious. One will turn up, it’s not like I haven’t got any shirts.
Dropped off records at Headway and picked up more empty sleeves.
Got the car washed at one of those arc car wash joints. A treat for the Yeti as just had it serviced.

Bought some beer - Butty Bach - in anticipation of some warm weather.

Spoke to youngest Boy who has had weeks of warm sunny weather on the Isle O Wight… he is off Wild Camping again (no tent) somewhere on the West coast of Scotland. Hopefully he will stop off for a night here so I can give him a squeeze.

Ballsache Update: still having trouble. Baclofen helps. The surgeon is not on my side. Seriously considering a second opinion.

Left knee (smashed to bits back in 2008) is getting more painful again. This is concerning as I have had a few operations on this knee, there is metalwork that is embedded/overgrown in the bone, and I have had overgrowth of bone cut out before from the kneecap. Over-ossification I think it is called. If the pain keeps on exacerbating then it will be knife-time again.

Sheet, I don’t like being operated on, and the more I have, the more I dislike it. I came around from one particular knee surgery screaming in pain. They ended up doing a nerve-block in the theatre recovery room as I was screaming the place down. I can still feel that sensation even though it was a decade ago aboot.

On the plus side, I have got some beer.

Best ever round of golf in my life today. Usually struggle at around 100 shots. Went round in 89. Well chuffed.
Phoned my son in New York to check he was OK with the smoke problems they are having from Canadian prairie fires.

Visited the wonderful town on conwy in wales , fabulous castle

It is a great castle isn’t it.
I know a good hotel near there, on the estuary were you get a view of the castle, Conwy, mountains, river etc.

https://quayhotel.co.uk/

Llandudno and the Great Orme close by, and the Snowdonia national park - we have been a few times. (we were there again earlier this year!)

Later today I will visit my Mam & Dad for a cuppa and catch up.
Apparently an uncle has dropped off a bag of records for me :)

This is more exciting than it sounds - they are all new records, my cousin has a music p.r. firm and she only found out recently that I am a collector! Not sure what the records will be, that will keep me busy for a while :cool:

advertisement

Back