advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Today I have been getting up at 3am to take son and his girlfriend to Manchester airport, sat here now with a well deserved cuppa. Going to look at cars for daughter when the rest of the household rolls out of bed. I think I will sleep like a log tonight.

Up early, to just.get.out& away; a jaunt up & down the Wye Valley via a slow wander around Monmouth, and then home.

Utterly lovely.
If you walked the Offa's Dyke stretch of the Wye between Brockweir and Bigsweir you may well have had an inadvertent virtual meeting with a valiant hiker refuelling during his marathon day's yomp to Chepstow!

20230611103000-e41dad5e.jpg

Photo © Chris Heaton (cc-by-sa/2.0)

i.php

Went on a garden walkabout in the village where my sister lives (and had her garden on display), in aid of Cancer Research UK.

Bumped into Erling Haaland.... well, kind of, he passed over at 20000 feet or so.

52966606467_e031c06248_b.jpg

Trying to find the source of water ingress from the roof of a penthouse flat on the 10th floor. Cut a couple of holes in the ceiling and climbed up into the void to have a look. Well nearly, I held the ladder as one of my chaps went up there, it was bloody roasting holding the ladder, he was sweltering up there. We finished at 12.00 and I sent him home, he deserved a shower and an early finish.

Swimming tonight, hopefully the water is cool.

Cheers BB

Thunder and lightning here. Big hail stones slamming into the windows. Oops, house alarms going off. . . .

. . .Front gardens covered like snowfall. And that was a big bang. Now raining hard.

What's next I wonder. . .

John

Last edited:
Up betimes and off to docs this morning for my annual cholesterol blood test.

Afterwards I popped over the road to the cafe by the lifeboat house. There was a large group of German foreign language students outside. One of their teachers came up and asked if I was their tour guide. For a brief moment I contemplated saying "yes" and making a load of stuff up just for the fun of it. But the real guide turned up, so common sense prevailed. :)

Got the fan out of the loft this afternoon it was so hot.
A shower cooled us around 19.00 but very close again now.

Spent a lot of the day in Cirencester after picking up some impulse auction purchases. Good museum and lovely town. Got our steps up by walking round Avebury ring on the way back, and dropping into the Sanctuary too.
Phew, it was hot and sticky

Laughing at Kirk’s pathetic posturing.
Whatever next?
Best pies perhaps cos him and his ilk’s claims are getting more and more irrelevant

advertisement

Back