advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

yesterday writing to the successful colleagues shortlisted for a role. And dealing with the disappointment from those not shortlisted.

Getting my new walking pole

This morning teaching, this afternoon on leave :D

Went to see the Mousetrap on its 70th anniversary tour last night. Surprised by the way it more than lived up to the hype. Huge smile as I left the theatre. Being Inverness in mid-summer it was still practically daylight :)

Totally 50s vibe about the show as you would expect. Even the yellowish stage lighting relying heavily on the front of house lights. So many contemporary shows don't use the front of house lights at all relying on sharply angled lights round the proscenium arch.

Arthur didn’t care much for the new fankled rail travel, so who knows what he’d made of this crossing his manor, out of shotgun range:

7fcktNA.jpg

Walked on prestayn beach admiring the hundreds of wind turbines

Had breakfast with a chap on chemo having a quick break there .not a bad little place although the view of hundreds of pontins chalets was like going back in time

work this morning, gave my lecture on ethics to our online final year BSc students.

started laying the new patio composite deck tiles....600 x 300 each click together, looking nice so far....got to take up some more of the old rotten wood deck tiles

rehearsing Fathers speech at forthcoming daughters wedding, I had no probs addressing site meetings, but this needs a gentler approach.
tidying up garden, house etc for the big day, looking forward to it all

off to the seaside on the train.....probably will be rammed, but we booked the tickets a month ago. ....so may as well try. If its too rammed we'll hotfoot it back to the very superb London. Got to be on Knebworth for dinner later.

The Wife is off to Birmingham to see some ballet.

The Daughter and G/Daughter are going to EM-Con Nottingham - East Midlands biggest Pop Culture event! G-Kid will be in full cos-play manga character :cool:

I am going to play some records. Beer is in the fridge. Hummus is yet to be made.
A Chaka Khan album should arrive later.

This is the second year that my artichoke plant is flourishing, keeping it watered. Not sure whether I will eat the artichokes or let them flower - last year the flowers were impressive

IMG-1145.jpg

The Wife is off to Birmingham to see some ballet.

The Daughter and G/Daughter are going to EM-Con Nottingham - East Midlands biggest Pop Culture event! G-Kid will be in full cos-play manga character :cool:

I am going to play some records. Beer is in the fridge. Hummus is yet to be made.
A Chaka Khan album should arrive later.

This is the second year that my artichoke plant is flourishing, keeping it watered. Not sure whether I will eat the artichokes or let them flower - last year the flowers were impressive

IMG-1145.jpg

The flower is more rewarding than the vegetable imho!

30 minute ride on a train to Newark, for an open day at the Air and Space Institute college, as the boy wants to be a pilot. He does his GCSEs in summer 2025, and they are running a course specifically for this (amongst others). It is very competitive, so needs to pull his socks up!

Nice new building, currently under construction right near Newark Castle station.
https://asi-newark.co.uk/

A wander around Newark and a light lunch after.

30 minute ride on a train to Newark, for an open day at the Air and Space Institute college, as the boy wants to be a pilot. He does his GCSEs in summer 2025, and they are running a course specifically for this (amongst others). It is very competitive, so needs to pull his socks up!

Nice new building, currently under construction right near Newark Castle station.

A wonder around Newark and a light lunch after.

have you got a link to the course that includes pilot studies?

A wander around Newark and a light lunch after.
fab we hope to go in about 10 days .will bear that place in mind

Up early, to just.get.out& away; a jaunt up & down the Wye Valley via a slow wander around Monmouth, and then home.

Utterly lovely.

ask them how many students have ended up as pilots! sorry but I would worry some of these courses would end in a dead end
As it is a new course, then there is no record, but the aim is to give them the edge when it comes to apprenticeships and sponsorships with airlines to become a pilot. Failing that, the other option is to stump up £80k plus to pay for it yourself, which we have accounted for. Like anything in life, there are no guarantees.

You can leave higher education with a degree and similar sized bill, and no guarantee of a job at the end of it. Luckily, I did my higher education in the early 80s, when fees and living costs were all covered.

The boy has wanted to be a pilot since he was about 5, and goes to Air Cadets, and we bought him a flying lesson for his 14th birthday, so we hope we can do all we can for him to realise his dreams. He is very special, and did not come along until well after we had given up hope, and was born a month before our 21st wedding anniversary!

... been to dinner at Alghero, probably Dorset's best Italian Restaurant, Sardinian to be precise. Our regular choice and a birthday treat from my partner.

If it's good enough for the Redknapp's ...

advertisement

Back