advertisement

Disappearance of Menus in Restaurants

No I wasn't, I said 'my table' meaning my table in my home, that's why I also said dining or eating out.
Luckily I don't have any friends or family that are that ill mannered that they would have a phone at the table.
I consider it as rude as talking with your mouth full , eating with your mouth open, etc.

clearly none are influencers, vloggers, tiktok reviewers.

Are you JRM? can I collect my £10 (PayPal of course)

I was in a Sushi restaurant the other day - in a bit of a rush as needed to eat and then go pick up kids from school.. Was prompted to use the Q code / App. Logged in - chose everything and then went to pay - Apple Pay.... Spinning wheel, didn't work... Humph... Spoke to staff, said was in a rush "So sorry order from us if you wish..." Did so. computer system crashed.. took 5 minutes to re-boot..

Walked out got a sandwich from a person 2 minutes away in about 8 seconds.

Bloody computers! without any of it, we would have ordered and ate.. does my head in.

Issue of poor restaurant lighting is compounded by the ridiculous trend of printing menus in deliberately small fancy font on dark coloured and textured paper. Unbelievably stupid.

All the more reason for smartphone menus then ...

What gets me is a service charge on the bill. I am happy to go into the kitchen and collect my food, lets completely remove serving staff and menus.

advertisement

Back