advertisement

A very handsome turntable, and a nice room too! I've never owned one myself, but I really like the look of the Garrard 401 with the J-shaped SME arms- both are design classics.

I’m enjoying having my turntable here, makes changing records fun.

rCVjwuH.jpg

rCVjwuH.jpg

Great album. Must dig it out some time (only have the CD). Really nice idea for TT placement. I assume the phono pre is under the TT and long run of cables to other end of room at line level?

Great album. Must dig it out some time (only have the CD). Really nice idea for TT placement. I assume the phono pre is under the TT and long run of cables to other end of room at line level?

Yes exactly. There’s a Jez GTI turbo connected to an AT33PTG/II under the deck and then a long RCA to the preamp at the front. No degradation in sound I can really notice.. used to using 5-7m RCA cables in car audio and with active speakers, so no concern really.

A great album indeed. I have 4 copies I think, two CD versions and then one original triple vinyl bought here, and a still sealed, signed triple re-release. Got it covered methinks. :eek:

Inspired by the Vitsoe in Gza's pic above, and trying to motivate myself to get this lot* out of storage now that home improvements are nearly done, here's a blast from my past...

31907643240_849d8c9c60_b.jpg

*I kept the Gyro and Oppo out thinking they'd get used - they don't as I haven't found their permanent home - but they at least get dusted.

I often walk past the Vitsoe showroom off Wigmore Street and dream of having it to store my vinyl.

Cheers BB

rCVjwuH.jpg

i'm jealous! i've wanted to do the same and my wife was into the idea, but on the left side of my couch is open space, on the right there are two sliding glass doors that go out onto our deck. I can't think of a way to make it work outside of running cables under the wood flooring, which i won't be doing

i'm jealous! i've wanted to do the same and my wife was into the idea, but on the left side of my couch is open space, on the right there are two sliding glass doors that go out onto our deck. I can't think of a way to make it work outside of running cables under the wood flooring, which i won't be doing

Yes an RCA under the floor would obviously work. How about going up through the ceiling instead? Possible?

There are also wireless RCA transmitters and receivers available, but I have no idea about quality… I do know that REL do a wireless transmitter and receiver that supposedly looses nothing and is obviously real time with no lag, so there must be something out there?

I need a new stand because the existing one is pretty hideous (ideally want dark wood with glass doors) and I always need more CD storage, but this is my current second system, and I rather like it. It’s had more use than my main system over the past few days, in part because new (to me) speakers, and also because I’m poorly with my back and I’m more comfortable in here… the system isn’t letting me down at all.
UK3rvA5.jpg

advertisement

Back