advertisement

Lovely!! you'll be getting some bass cancellation that close to the real wall/corner though?
Thanks Darren, and I could use some bass cancellation as the whole presentation is a little bass heavy! I'll put some more hours on them before I begin to adjust positioning, but they are currently about 4 feet off the back wall.

I had been happily using a Symposium Svelte Shelf+ with my previous turntable, a VPI Aries, so decided another was in order for my latest deck. The Shelf consists of two sheets of stainless steel bonded to rigid foam, for a relatively lightweight and rigid platform. It just arrived recently so prompt photos were in order before the stainless sheet is covered in dust & fingerprints.

gi.mpl

Didn’t know we can match amps and speakers color wise ! Awesome !
On top of that, this kit really makes you forget about equipment and throw you in music right from the first notes, can we ask for more ?
My wife agreed to the sugden if it came in a ‘different’ colour :). Appreciate the kind comments. This is nearly end game (maybe a new dac) but I’m forgetting about kit/ upgrades for a while now.

Well, the first picture in post #1547 shows "Philips SuperElectronic 877 Direct Control" on the front of it so...

Anyhow, it sounded really good in the Philips vintage 1970s setup at the Wam Show. :)

That's right and there's some relation to it being part of the Philips Black Tulip range way back when Philip's tried to make the best separates possible with all their engineering prowess - they succeeded - but got the style and marketing wrong for the era. So it really is a hi-end piece in that respect.

Inspired by the Vitsoe in Gza's pic above, and trying to motivate myself to get this lot* out of storage now that home improvements are nearly done, here's a blast from my past...

31907643240_849d8c9c60_b.jpg

*I kept the Gyro and Oppo out thinking they'd get used - they don't as I haven't found their permanent home - but they at least get dusted.

Well, after a 10 week wait my new Garrard 401 birch ply plinth has finally arrived.

A beautifully crafted piece of work imho and well worth having the patience to wait.

Sized at 500 x 420 x 72 it frames the 401 perfectly and has a good medium mass to it, silent and no hum whatsoever...absolutely love it.

And after 4 coats of danish oil...

advertisement

Back