advertisement

King Charles III

Thanks. I'm still just getting the same one but not seeing any evidence of crime. It depends whether the uniformed boys were under aged really.

Despite the Mirror posing as a left of centre daily, we’ve seen it’s fawning coverage of the queen over the last week or so. It’s as firmly a part of the establishment as Starmer’s Labour Party. As such, it would not have carried such a potentially explosive allegation against the Windsors without robust clearance by its lawyers, and evidence to back its claims if called upon to do so. Therefore I’m willing to give it credence, rather than it just being yet one more of the wild conspiracies that abound online. It demonstrates, to me at least, that it’s not simply a bad apple here and there, but the whole apparatus stinks to high heaven.

Mountbatten introduced Phil to Liz when she was 13 and Charlie to Diana when she was 15. and the FBI were certainly interested in his comings and goings...

Are you guys not a little bit into cheap conspiracy ? The only one who speaks clearly is @Joe Hutch. By all means, if you are so sure about the culpability of someone, cough up the name and stand by your accusation. Otherwise just shut up.

And don’t forget that googling for a specific ‚truth‘ until you find some bloke at the other end of the world who happens to have written something similar to what you think, does never represent a proof. This is the way conspiracy theories are created.

Last edited:
We all tuned in to Radio Luxembourg at 11.00pm on Sunday night to hear the NME Top Twenty played. 208 on the medium wave, if I recall correctly. Many of the presenters were resident there (Pete Murray certainly was for a while).

Happy 97th birthday Pete Murray!

Despite the Mirror posing as a left of centre daily, we’ve seen it’s fawning coverage of the queen over the last week or so. It’s as firmly a part of the establishment as Starmer’s Labour Party. As such, it would not have carried such a potentially explosive allegation against the Windsors without robust clearance by its lawyers, and evidence to back its claims if called upon to do so. Therefore I’m willing to give it credence, rather than it just being yet one more of the wild conspiracies that abound online. It demonstrates, to me at least, that it’s not simply a bad apple here and there, but the whole apparatus stinks to high heaven.
Since when was the left not part of the establishment?

Are you guys not a little bit into cheap conspiracy ?

FWIW I don’t even know who some posters who appear to have largely self-deleted were referring to. As ever I’m certainly wary of publishing anything without good external citation, not for fear as much as not wanting to fall down another fake story rabbit hole such as the ‘Nick’ Dolphin Square etc accusations from quite a few years ago. Mountbatten’s life certainly comes under some scrutiny, his history is well documented on Wikipedia.

Despite the Mirror posing as a left of centre daily, we’ve seen it’s fawning coverage of the queen over the last week or so.
My wife works for the Mirror. Unfortunately, they have to sell a few newspapers for them to survive and my wife to keep her job.

We all tuned in to Radio Luxembourg at 11.00pm on Sunday night to hear the NME Top Twenty played. 208 on the medium wave, if I recall correctly. Many of the presenters were resident there (Pete Murray certainly was for a while).
I liked the way the sound used to drift in and out as well, quaint. Well it did on my brothers Roberts turntable radio anyway. Wonder if Chas was a listener... he liked the Goons !

Are you guys not a little bit into cheap conspiracy ? The only one who speaks clearly is @Joe Hutch. By all means, if you are so sure about the culpability of someone, cough up the name and stand by your accusation. Otherwise just shut up.

And don’t forget that googling for a specific ‚truth‘ until you find some other bloke at the other end of the world who happened to write something similar to what you think, does never represent a proof. This is the way conspiracy theories are created.

No, I’ve already stated clearly why I believe this to go beyond wild eyed conspiracy. If I bought into conspiracy I could post my belief that Tom Hanks and Hilary Clinton were at the centre of a global network of abusers who fed on children’s blood, or that 9/11 was an inside job, or any other one of countless David Icke/ QAnon bollox.

When specific names, such as Savile or Cyril Smith, are repeatedly referenced in a specific context by multiple persons who are otherwise completely disconnected from conspiracy theory nonsense, and a British tabloid that has been a mainstay of Fleet Street for decades repeats the allegations, then that suggests something other than cheap conspiracy.

Yes it’s partly a judgment call requiring a high degree of discretion. And, of course, in the case of the two names I’ve cited, those rumours turned out to be factually correct.

As a complete aside, the former BBC presenter Jack de Manio took credit for the success of David Jacobs. Jacobs was reading out some religious announcement, and de Manio thought he looked so holy that he took a turntable mat and placed it on his head as a halo, causing Jacobs to burst out laughing on air, for which he was subsequently fired. This was the start of a lucrative freelance DJ career.

This is all detailed in a wonderful book by de Manio, called To Auntie with love, in which de Manio details many of the howlers that have happened in the BBC. The greatest is de Manio's own on the night of Nigerian independence. All he had to do, on the stroke of midnight, was to announce a radio programme The land of the Niger. Unfortunately he came into the studio from the local, slightly the worse for wear, and read the announcement, only to be confronted by the producer looking worried and saying, "Shouldn't that have been 'Niger?"? Meanwhile, in Lagos, the BBC's man on the spot really was on the spot...

As a complete aside, the former BBC presenter Jack de Manio took credit for the success of David Jacobs. Jacobs was reading out some religious announcement, and de Manio thought he looked so holy that he took a turntable mat and placed it on his head as a halo, causing Jacobs to burst out laughing on air, for which he was subsequently fired. This was the start of a lucrative freelance DJ career.

This is all detailed in a wonderful book by de Manio, called To Auntie with love, in which de Manio details many of the howlers that have happened in the BBC. The greatest is de Manio's own on the night of Nigerian independence. All he had to do, on the stroke of midnight, was to announce a radio programme The land of the Niger. Unfortunately he came into the studio from the local, slightly the worse for wear, and read the announcement, only to be confronted by the producer looking worried and saying, "Shouldn't that have been 'Niger?"? Meanwhile, in Lagos, the BBC's man on the spot really was on the spot...
Really must get this book. I'm old enough to remember de Manio on Today, to which I've listened all my life.*

*Some on here even think I present it.

Didn't David Jacobs come back to the BBC as a R2 presenter in later life? 90s ish I'm sure that he had a show at some point there.

Really must get this book. I'm old enough to remember de Manio on Today, to which I've listened all my life.*

*Some on here even think I present it.
Some of the stuff is hilarious - such as creeping up on a colleague who was reading the radio news and setting fire to the bottom of his page. The colleague was then was faced with the unenviable choice of beating out the fire (and therefore making a dreadful noise on air), or reading very quickly. De Manio claims that this produced some of the fastest news reading in history.

Some of the stuff is hilarious - such as creeping up on a colleague who was reading the radio news and setting fire to the bottom of his page. The colleague was then was faced with the unenviable choice of beating out the fire (and therefore making a dreadful noise on air), or reading very quickly. De Manio claims that this produced some of the fastest news reading in history.

Hilarious? More like irresponsible and dangerous. Should have been sacked.

Are you guys not a little bit into cheap conspiracy ?

No, Savile was actually a paedo (and more) - plenty of reliable sources confirm this (including the Police who investigated him)
He was also a friend and adviser to Prince Charles - also confirmed in widespread mainstream media coverage at the time and since.
Margaret Thatcher idolised him (and Rolf Harris) - no secret, no 'conspiracy theory'. Just facts.

There - that wasn't too difficult was it?

advertisement

Back