advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Strange to see that City fans are still whining away that City are being done down in the media over their transfer fees and that they didn’t want to win the Champions league anyway.

Don’t they realise the season has ended and they should stop, go lie on a beach for a bit, than come back in 6 weeks time for some practice whining before the whining proper starts mid-August.

Strange to see that City fans are still whining away that City are being done down in the media over their transfer fees and that they didn’t want to win the Champions league anyway.

Don’t they realise the season has ended and they should stop, go lie on a beach for a bit, than come back in 6 weeks time for some practice whining before the whining proper starts mid-August.
Yes, they need practice. You don’t.

Ah, welcome home. I've not seen you for a while.

Looking forward to the new season, what do people think would be a good season for their club?

I can’t see my club finishing higher than they did last season, but third would still be a good season. If Chelsea can avoid the injuries of last season and play with more consistency, start to develop a style and an identity, they might start to challenge the top two in 12 months time. This season, I think we will still be struggling in front of goal.

On a wider front beyond SW6, looking forward to watching Haaland, he looks like a sensation. Struggling in front of goal will definitely not be a problem for City.

The title is theirs to lose…

The one reassuring thing about City's new fire power/squad refresh is they can still only field 11 players at a time and in a war of deadly forward lines we just need to score more than they do ;-)

I can’t see my club finishing higher than they did last season, but third would still be a good season.
I wouldn't disagree with that but if we can ship the Lump out to a league more befitting to his limited talents and buy a decent striker then who knows.
We can't possibly have such a bad season injury wise - can we?
Of the chasing pack I think Spurs could well push on now they have a decent manager - well at least until he goes into meltdown mode.:)

I wouldn't disagree with that but if we can ship the Lump out to a league more befitting to his limited talents and buy a decent striker then who knows.
We can't possibly have such a bad season injury wise - can we?
Of the chasing pack I think Spurs could well push on now they have a decent manager - well at least until he goes into meltdown mode.:)
Yes, tend to agree. However, not sure where we get that striker from? Who is there? Lewandowski would be great, but probably won’t come to Chelsea and not sure I’m comfortable with the sort of wages he’d demand. Who else is there? Broja?

I’m a member.
Most of us couldn’t give a flying **** about UEFA and it’s corrupt competitions.

Yes, I know that's a thing among a minority of City supporters but...we all know you would be the first on here to trumpet a CL win. No sane fan would turn their noses up at a CL trophy.

PS What news on the La Liga case?

Yes, I know that's a thing among a minority of City supporters but...we all know you would be the first on here to trumpet a CL win. No sane fan would turn their noses up at a CL trophy.

PS What news on the La Liga case?

What the case put up with no evidence by the league that started all the silly spending ? Would not hold your breath waiting for any serious answer . If the PL were not able to cut through the subterfuge and hiding of false sponsorship after five years UEFA are not going to even look . PSG are less circumspect and their flouting of the rules are fairly obvious but no chance of anything being done this side of the World Cup in case it upset the hosts .

Who is there?
Good question.:)
I think we could do worse than buy Jesus (assuming City would sell to us) - he's decent technically and has a good work ethic.
He reminds me a bit of Costa although obviously less of a nutter.
Other than that I think Dembélé from Barca on a 'free' might be a good option as TT has previous with him.
Now that everything is settled it would be nice to see some movement from us.

I was on a break from this forum when this broke out but for my own benefit I will make a few comments about the CL Final and the issues

1) French Authority Statement - 20-40,000 fake tickets were the cause of over crowding by Liverpool fans - Now proven to be a complete and utter lie not even an honest mistake just complete nonsense .
2) All camera footage at the stadium has been erased because no one thought to ask for it to be saved and it is alleged that they wipe the tapes after seven days . Firstly that much is wrong both Merseyside Police , The Major of Liverpool and CEO of LFC made written requests that all camera footage be saved for examination . Of course French Authorities say that it was not kept was an oversight . Well not such a good cover up as the Tranport Authorities had cameras from the nearby train station and surroundings all date stamped and timed and these have been saved and they show Liverpool fans arriving in large numbers over three hours before the game but being denied entrance and herded in to a very enclosed area with only a single exit blocked by two police fans so that only two people at a time could exit .
3) Liverpool fans were the cause and they attacked fences and police making them need to use force and pepper spay and tear gas to control them - Well the station footage is very clear all the fans are doing what they are being asked and trying to funnel through then out of nowhere with no provocation the French Riot police run at the fence with people and try and baton peoples hands and spray pepper spray on the fans and launch tear gas in to the crowd . The result with a line of police waiting batons at the ready is a non event fans move away but stay there side of the fence and make no attempt to either climb the fence to retaliate .

Right I have now spoken to Spanish family and two people who went and they are saying they were also sprayed and attacked with no provacation but it would seem the media were more interested in the Liverpool fans for the most obvious of reasons.

Okay I understand the reputation given to Liverpool fans mainly by the media and reinforced by 23 years of accusations for being the cause of Hillsborough . Most sane and sensible people now know this was a lie and the fans were the victims and not the cause . We have for most people gained the truth but not justie and the lack of anyone found guilty for the issues does make people say well if no one was found guilty were the fans to blame after all , well no but you all know how this goes. Now i am not going to make any silly claims of Liverpool fans all being angels and never doing anything because I have seen enough idiot minority at various times to make me feel ashamed. However the truth about the above final is that France Authorities / Uefa / French police all made huge errors and treated decent normal people including women and children to appalling behaviour. Many of the young fans I have talked to never want to go to a football game again well done UEFA way to get the new generation involved.

Sadly nothing will be done , no one will be blamed and all those involved will just let it die and fade away . The Media on these issues has a very short attention span and will just not feel the story has enough interest to push it . One Manchester based Journalist and United fan was at the game and made the statement that he felt not enough plaudits and credit was given to the Liverpool Fans who tolerated the terrible treatment but did not react and push back but stayed calm and avoided what could have been a much more serious problem if they had started pushing and running in the confined space they pushed in to . So all of those with knee jerk reactions and finger pointing and the expected always the victim taunts , just take a bit more time to get the facts and to find out what is happening before you mouth off . Because of todays technology and the fact that cameras are everywhere it is almost impossible to repeat the cover ups like Hillsborough too many views show what really happened . The Authorities and I mean all of them really have to now accept when they make an error and come clean because you will be found out and exposed , still as there seems very little punishment ever handed out I suppose they will just shrug and move on to the next attrocity .

I really hope that he (along with Gallagher & Gilmour) are part of the squad next season.
He'd be an excellent option off the bench and would offer something a bit different to the other forwards - just needs TT to turn him into the finished article.

I really hope that he (along with Gallagher & Gilmour) are part of the squad next season.
He'd be an excellent option off the bench and would offer something a bit different to the other forwards - just needs TT to turn him into the finished article.
Watched him a few times at Southampton and I’m afraid he does not look like the finished article. If he were to come into a side with a Drogba, to show him the ropes, he might get there, but he ain’t no Harland just yet!

Agree about Gallagher and Gilmour though. Gilmour looks good. He already looks like he can handle the Kante role. Not seen Gallagher in the flesh since he’s come on this season, maybe staying at Palace and getting regular game time is what he needs rather than coming into a team that will be having a lot of chopping and changing still?

It seems that it is only the glorious runners up in the FA and League Cup that are interested in looking forward. Those who insist on looking back are doomed to failure. Next season’s title is now Chelsea’s to lose.

Football authorities always have an easy out when it comes behaviour as British fans have such a long & proud record of bad behaviour.

Its interesting to consider how fans are viewed by locals, even well behaved fans can be intimidating by dint of numbers & noisy chanting. The fact is that people do behave completely differently when attending a football match.

Football authorities always have an easy out when it comes behaviour as British fans have such a long & proud record of bad behaviour.

Its interesting to consider how fans are viewed by locals, even well behaved fans can be intimidating by dint of numbers & noisy chanting. The fact is that people do behave completely differently when attending a football match.

I remember being at a Leinster vs Clermont Auvergne semi-final in Dublin in the Heineken Cup in the mid 2000's. The Clermont fans were incredibly noisy and colourful. Absolutely no sense of fear, intimidation just a great atmosphere. Compared to us dull as ditch water Leinster fans these people were a joy to mingle with. Football fans are just a different breed. My one and only attendance at a Blackburn v Leeds game in the championship was kinda scary particularly outside the ground. I have seen enough footage on TV and Youtube to ensure I would give attending a soccer game in the UK a miss. Foaming at the mouth fifty plus men are not a pretty sight. The venom and aggression is alien to me. Like a different planet.

For Leeds this year I just hope they manage to stay well clear of a relegation fight. It seems to be a lottery in terms of buying in players hoping that they gel enough to propel you up the league to new dizzy heights. From afar it is fairly obvious that there are two leagues within the premiership. Leeds a firmly in the also rans section. Without some magic money that can't change.

So, Bissouma has gone to Spurs.

An excellent signing for them. He'll be able to prove himself in the Champions League now.

He was always a talent, but he only really reached the heights after Potter took over the reins. He disappeared from the first team for a while then came back as a midfield monster.

We've already got his replacement, Caicedo who looks better than Bissouma did at the same stage of his career.

I'll miss Bissouma's song though...

< to the tune of Tequila>
Da da da da da da da
Da da da da da da
Da da da da da da da
Da da da da da da
Da da Daaaaa da
Da da Daaaaa da
Da da da da da da
BISSOUMA!!!!!
</to the tune of Tequila>

advertisement