advertisement

Tory Britain

Not signed.

If you don't want this corrupt, venal, hard-right bunch of charlatans in government, then vote them out.

If you are not prepared to stop voting Conservative and vote for an alternative, then you need to start reaping what you sow.
Twisted view.
They didn’t get my vote.

Not signed.

If you don't want this corrupt, venal, hard-right bunch of charlatans in government, then vote them out.

If you are not prepared to stop voting Conservative and vote for an alternative, then you need to start reaping what you sow.

I’ve never voted Conservative in my life. Never even considered it (and I am a non-partisan/floating voter). They are everything I am not, and very obviously so. I will however do everything in my power to avert this country’s decline into the far-right and fascism. I’m still at the signing petitions stage along with using my business site to try and raise public awareness the best I can, but I’ll go a lot further if need be. Smashing fascists on the street has always been a perfectly acceptable pass-time, but we are not there yet. Start off with getting our voices heard. Make it clear that decent people simply will not accept democracy eroding shit from this vile corrupt arrogant self-serving Conservative Party.

Sign *all* the petitions. Actively fund civil rights and protest groups such as Liberty, Good Law Project, StopFundingHate, Led By Donkeys etc etc. Most of us here are pretty comfortable, we can make a difference to these organisations just with the odd £50 here and there, even a fiver a month makes a massive difference if enough folk do it. Share information wherever you can; at work, at home, via friends and families etc. Be the spotlight of scrutiny our media and “political opposition” largely fails to be. We are not entirely powerless. Just use whatever tools you have.

Not signed.

It’s not either/or. Mind you, I have no plans to stop voting Conservative.

Mainly because that would require me to have started voting Conservative at some point.

And yet Conservative Party members feel that the party has become too left-wing. What with all the hand-outs and "wind-fall" taxing of energy companies etc.

Conservative Home's recent leaders popularity analysis had the following pearl: " Elsewhere, there’s little change, though Priti Patel’s score has dropped by more than half, now that the sugar rush of the Rwanda boats announcement has worn off."

Think about that: The idea of forced relocation of refugees to Rwanda is a "sugar rush" to these people! The only way Johnson's cabinet can increase their popularity and keep their lucrative jobs is to come up with ever-more fascist and nasty policies.

(Edited to remove link to nasty party web site)

Liberty petition regarding Human Rights Act here. Worth signing now whilst they are still here to fight for!

Cheers, Signed.

What is it coming to when we have to petition our own government not to remove our human rights? Really....who votes for these people?

There is so much I can't fathom about Tory voters. One particular thing is the way that; even though they usually have plenty money and all the trappings of success, and lead a privileged life, they still get very annoyed by people who have much less than they do. The poor and the less fortunate seem to actually irritate them. How does that work?
My only theory is that they grew up in families where there was not enough love to go around. And so all of the rest of their life is a kind of grasping, resentful competition for them.

I had a wealthy Tory neighbour with a big, detached house, nice cars, good job with excellent benefits etc. who used to get very worked up about disabled people getting "free" Motability cars. He pointed at my ancient VW Jetta one day and said; "Doesn't it annoy you? There you are, working hard and you only have an old car like that to get about in?"
I told him I'd rather have working legs, than all the cars in the world and that Motability cars were not free, that disabled people leased them.

What a weird way to go through life. And so very depressing for the rest of us to be ruled by people like that.

There is so much I can't fathom about Tory voters. One particular thing is the way that; even though they usually have plenty money and all the trappings of success, and lead a privileged life, they still get very annoyed by people who have much less than they do. The poor and the less fortunate seem to actually irritate them. How does that work?

There is certainly a psychopathy/cruelty to some of it, the “look at me, I’m so much better than you because I have money and I Am Successful”. We’ve seen dickheads like that here at times. Some of the absolute worst in my experience are the nouveau riche who started out on a tough council estate or whatever and just seem to want to bomb their own past. You only need to look at the content above regarding the truly vile Conservative Home site, the thought of being cruel to refugees actually gets this kind of person hard. They seem to get off on the cruelty. Obviously not all Tories are like that, but most of the ones hanging around sites like that, Guido Fawkes etc are. Scum sites targeting scum.

Fascism does not happen by accident, it happens because a significant percentage of the population actively wants to kick the process off.

I told him I'd rather have working legs, than all the cars in the world and that Motability cars were not free, that disabled people leased them.

Well said, I’m a motability user and got my first motability car, VW Tiguan DSG 3 years ago when my spms ramped up as I couldn’t get into never mind drive my mk2 golf gti :(. Paid £2000 deposit and pay £259 month so it’s not cheap/free. I mainly use it to go across town (1mile) to my mothers every day and a 60 mile round trip once a fortnight so my mum or a mate can get shopping, in 3 years I’ve not even done 9000 miles.

Despite staying in a small Galloway town and everyone knowing me/my condition and how much of on active lifestyle I used to have, not to mention how fiercely independent I was and (raced mtb/mtb skills coach and mtb guiding in uk so it’s quite a blow to rely on my mum/and closest mate for my continuing existence) there is still some visceral hate. Had the car keyed right down one side, tyres slashed and benefit scum written on it with marker (my bro found out who did that…………extremely messy outcome for that individual), I just don’t understand the hate towards those who rely on benefits, compared to semi-legitimate tax evasion the money that can be attributed to benefit fraud is an utter pittance but I guess we’re an easy target for the self righteous out there.

Well said, I’m a motability user and got my first motability car, VW Tiguan DSG 3 years ago when my spms ramped up as I couldn’t get into never mind drive my mk2 golf gti :(. Paid £2000 deposit and pay £259 month so it’s not cheap/free. I mainly use it to go across town (1mile) to my mothers every day and a 60 mile round trip once a fortnight so my mum or a mate can get shopping, in 3 years I’ve not even done 9000 miles.

Despite staying in a small Galloway town and everyone knowing me/my condition and how much of on active lifestyle I used to have (raced mtb/mtb skills coach and mtb guiding in uk) there is still some visceral hate, had it keyed right down one side, tyres slashed and benefit scum written on it with marker (my bro found out who did that…………extremely messy outcome for that individual), I just don’t understand the hate towards those who rely on benefits, compared to semi-legitimate tax evasion the money that can be attributed to benefit fraud is an utter pittance but I guess we’re an easy target for the self righteous out there.

Ironic isn't it? Tories are committing fraud that benefits them and their donors (COVID PPE contracts) but the voters seem to be OK with that...

Despite staying in a small Galloway town and everyone knowing me/my condition and how much of on active lifestyle I used to have, not to mention how fiercely independent I was and (raced mtb/mtb skills coach and mtb guiding in uk so it’s quite a blow to rely on my mum/and closest mate for my continuing existence) there is still some visceral hate. Had the car keyed right down one side, tyres slashed and benefit scum written on it with marker (my bro found out who did that…………extremely messy outcome for that individual), I just don’t understand the hate towards those who rely on benefits, compared to semi-legitimate tax evasion the money that can be attributed to benefit fraud is an utter pittance but I guess we’re an easy target for the self righteous out there.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Somafunk. That is incredible behaviour to direct at another human being, hard to believe someone could be so ignorant and nasty. I think people like Johnston, Farage and Priti Patel give a license to people like that, that it is on some level "OK" to have those attitudes. It must be such a relief for them to feel that they "belong".

advertisement

Back