advertisement

Tory Britain

Did they vote for what we're getting now? Did they anticipate it? It wasn't what the Conservative manifesto promised, nor what the party leader offered before the election.
And, to reopen that old can of worms, how many voted not for the Con men and women, but against the demon (according to the press) offered by the other major party?
To be honest, I don't spend much time on the tory manifesto, a quick scan is sufficient along with being already aware of what they stand for. I believe what we're getting is what serial tory voters want. The one-time tory voters in 2019 just wanted brexit and they too are getting what they voted for.

Those who voted against the demon ( that's a good way of putting it ) it can be argued are not, but my opinion is such folk are getting what they deserve if not what they voted for by being daft enough to be taken in by the right wing media. There are others I won't mention.

Bottom line for me is, there may have been an excuse for some in 2010 who had never experienced a tory govt, but there is no excuse for 2015, 2017 and 2019.

How did we get here? People voted for it and did so more than once.

The worst of them are those so dumb not to understand from the start that Brexit was a far-right project and who happily voted for it, excused or otherwise enabled it. They led us to here. Every last one of them. The sickening thing is even now when the consequences of their actions could not be more clear they continue to drag this nation down ever further into division, xenophobia and now actual fascism.

The worst of them are those so dumb not to understand from the start that Brexit was a far-right project and who happily voted for it, excused or otherwise enabled it. They led us to here. Every last one of them. The sickening thing is even now when the consequences of their actions could not be more clear they continue to drag this nation down ever further into division, xenophobia and now actual fascism.
I don't see how people didn't know it was a right wing project given it was all started by the far right wing tory party.

Overall though, I pretty much agree, though I will say the people who threw away the chance to do something about it in 2019 don't look great to me, and also the lot in 2015, when the tories had a referendum on EU membership in their manifesto following 5 years of unneccesary austerity. The alarm bells should have been ringing but they all played their part.

advertisement

Back