advertisement

Superb cables on a budget

Was interesting to see these measured but I already new the Amazons were good cables, especially for the money.I could hear it.

...let's await the thread invasion... it's all in the aligned nano structure, of the electron depleted, magnetic copper, polished to let the electrons glide, defeating the natural repelling forces, ensuring no music DNA is lost...

:)

Last edited:
I've Amazon basics and recently made some cables using Van Damme unbalanced patch lead cable that costs just over £1 a meter, all these sound fine. If sending a 20Hz to 20kHz signal less than one meter was a big technical challenge then most modern tech wouldn't work ;)

For those seeking great cables on a tight budget.

We need more cheap hifi recommendations on a budget. Hifi has become silly money. Bring on more posts of cheap and cheerful gear that brings audio joy to the masses. If that’s trolling so be it. Perhaps because it’s from ASR that’s upset a few. No ill will from my end. I will be found looking through the reduced sections of Richer Sounds and if Maplin were still around I’d be there too.

We need more cheap hifi recommendations on a budget. Hifi has become silly money. Bring on more posts of cheap and cheerful gear that brings audio joy to the masses. If that’s trolling so be it. Perhaps because it’s from ASR that’s upset a few. No ill will from my end. I will be found looking through the reduced sections of Richer Sounds and if Maplin were still around I’d be there too.
Why didn’t your first post frame a bit of info about your system/prefs and ask for members to recommend budget gear you might be interested in rather than do that vid drop with no context? Looks to me like you were after a “rise” on here cos ASR stuff often ends up in a bun fight.

You can look in Classic for some interesting older/value gear ideas or get into a bit of DIY and learn how to make your own cables up or a dirt cheap streamer/dac.
A search on pfm will bring up a lot of older threads like this one https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/affordable-hifi-in-production-today.267082/

advertisement

Back