advertisement

Lovely room and lovely Wilsons. What great taste your wife has.....

Heard the Wilson Sabrina in 2016 or 2017 and was not that impressed. I then heard the Sasha DAW in a proper demo when they came out around 2018 or 2019 and was blown away. My wife then saw the Sabrina in the dealer's window and after trying a couple of other things gave them a go and really liked them, so we're both happy. They are the same pair I'd not been that impressed with a few years earlier, and ex-demo as the SabrinaX had just been released. She liked the colour so that was that. They are very sensitive to positioning, thankfully the dealer does that.

52050727353_b47acb4f39_b.jpg

A few weeks ago i posted a photo of my Arcs and stated i would never part with them , well im still not parting with them but presently enjoying these :D

A few weeks ago i posted a photo of my Arcs and stated i would never part with them , well im still not parting with them but presently enjoying these :D
Glad they like their new home and your happy with them, they do look good in their new situation! Have you formed an opinion of them yet with reference to the Arcs?

There's something impressive about Obelisks, how modern they still manage to look given they were designed in the 1970s.

I don’t think they look modern, I think they look vintage when looked at dispassionately and make the room look warmer because of it. Not knocking them as such, In my head I picture those cables leading to a big American amp, Magnum Dynalab tuner and perhaps a VPI turntable.

These Klipsch Cornwall III arrived 30 mins ago. Rather good:

L3aU86N.jpg

* Update *

LS3/5a size comparison:

QDroHUM.jpg

Grilles off showing the 15” bass driver and horns:

RqyRz2O.jpg

They seem to play very nicely at low or high volumes. A ‘live’ and involving experience with a lot of presence :)

Last edited:
I don’t think they look modern, I think they look vintage when looked at dispassionately and make the room look warmer because of it. Not knocking them as such, In my head I picture those cables leading to a big American amp, Magnum Dynalab tuner and perhaps a VPI turntable.
I think they look cute & classic. They really do look well in my room and people i have shown photos to so far seem to love them . They are connected to a DV amp fronted by a Linn Kds3 , still love my Arcs as well , im 50/50 split between the 2 :)

I like them too, perhaps like many I have a soft spot for various speakers whether panels, horns, boxes, floor, stand etc. I pondered on the modern comment as I often think if it wasn’t hifi we wouldn’t see it that way. But I am the first to confess interior design is stressful to me and when I got married last year my wife knew it was a relief I never have to choose a carpet, flooring, lamp shade or furniture again, lots of laughs.

In the next year or two I expect to post a pic with a vastly different room look than the one I put much earlier in the thread (plain white simple look in essence). The first suggestion a few days ago was a bit scary though, why don’t we put your equipment rack in another room and use those old thin ones (Sound Org tables)? It wasn’t quite what I have in mind since this one wheels to allow me to get to all cables and connections and clean periodically with minimum fuss and I definitely wouldn’t call the tables modern.

These Klipsch Cornwall III arrived 30 mins ago. Rather good:
Wow they make the 15” driver look small!
L3aU86N.jpg

* Update *

LS3/5a size comparison:

QDroHUM.jpg

Grilles off showing the 15” bass driver and horns:

RqyRz2O.jpg

They seem to play very nicely at low or high volumes. A ‘live’ and involving experience with a lot of presence :)

I had Arcs for seven years in my previous system (which I let go in 2013) but always wanted the Obelisks. At the time I only had a Nap200 and this just wouldn't drive the Obelisks properly. The mid range was sublime but the bass was clumpy and muddled.
When I built my new system, I was so sure I wanted Obelisks and even found a pair for £4500 in Reading Audio T. But when I demoed them with a Rega Osiris integrated they just didn't impress me. Time had passed and for whatever reason, the Obelisks (or perhaps it was the Rega) just didn't impress.
But I'm glad you are enjoying them.

I had Arcs for seven years in my previous system (which I let go in 2013) but always wanted the Obelisks. At the time I only had a Nap200 and this just wouldn't drive the Obelisks properly. The mid range was sublime but the bass was clumpy and muddled.
When I built my new system, I was so sure I wanted Obelisks and even found a pair for £4500 in Reading Audio T. But when I demoed them with a Rega Osiris integrated they just didn't impress me. Time had passed and for whatever reason, the Obelisks (or perhaps it was the Rega) just didn't impress.
But I'm glad you are enjoying them.
They need current, current and then some more current. The Osiris is a bit weedy to get the bass/passive combo moving, stopping then moving again. DV amps (if you can get hold of one) and Plinius work well. They also need a bloody big, tall room.

advertisement

Back