advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually can only really think of one WC in the last 30 years who I could honestly say I have never heard a bad word about and that would be Damon Hill. Having been lucky enough to meet him on several occasions I can only say that his real life persona matches exactly the way he comes across in the media, he's interesting, charming and very fair even when quizzed about Michael Schumacher. A real gent as they say.

Like Father like Son...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Hill

Thanks to Ian W for clarifying quite a few points above . Interesting to hear that Merc use strategic tools less and this has lead to errors , from watching tv you do get the impression that simulation has given them the answers as when Lewis questions their instructions mostly he seems to be correct .

Yes , Damon Hill is a true gent but was still a great driver , Max needs to take note of this as apparently he was still whinging even though he won the race !

Yes , Damon Hill is a true gent but was still a great driver , Max needs to take note of this as apparently he was still whinging even though he won the race !

what the hell did you watch? he's whining for things he was warned about - white lines - and he needs to drive carefully due to the minus points he piled up. i would whine if i would be threatened with fine and my rival not.

brits about F1 are the same as serbs about tennis. it's all about LH or novak, reality lost.

what the hell did you watch? he's whining for things he was warned about - white lines - and he needs to drive carefully due to the minus points he piled up. i would whine if i would be threatened with fine and my rival not.

brits about F1 are the same as serbs about tennis. it's all about LH or novak, reality lost.
I’m not so sure about that.
I know more people who dislike LH than like him.
They respect him but dislike his whinging.

Absolutely

Max was pointing out that Charles was repeatedly crossing the white line on the pit entrance - effectively leaving the track. Charles got better later in the race so maybe he was told about it.

Thanks to Ian W for clarifying quite a few points above . Interesting to hear that Merc use strategic tools less and this has lead to errors , from watching tv you do get the impression that simulation has given them the answers as when Lewis questions their instructions mostly he seems to be correct .
This is the software that Merc and other teams use during race events:

https://sbgsportssoftware.com/product/racewatch-for-teams/

If anyone is interested in a bit more detail then I would suggest watching the Merc video on that page.

There is of course a bit of spin going on (for reasons that I will not go into here) but in summary RaceWatch is a very good tool for analysing timing and GPS data through a race event. It has a race model in it and can do deterministic predictions (but it is a stochastic problem) and show results from race strategy simulation tools. It is clear from the video that they do a lot of the configuration and analysis work at the factory, with a lot of people. What is not shown is that the final decision is made by James Vowles (Strategic Director), with Ron Meadows (Sporting Director) and Toto at the race track, and that is where the gut feeling comes in as they view the results from the tools as just indicators (very good most of the time but not so good in changing conditions) and mistakes are made.

I admire his decision to end his life without external assistance and on his own terms.

I recall hearing about his death a while back, I don’t think a lot was said at the time. For sure he was very much a Mosley.

Hmm..his death was very well reported and at the time and there were plenty of obits and leading commentaries regarding various aspects of his life. On the one hand a prominent sand successful safety campaigner, a brilliant mind - and yet,on the other hand - by many accounts, a thoroughly unpleasant man who was very good at maintaining and acting upon grudges over long periods of time.

Firstly I do not have any preference for any driver and am happy for there to be as many race winners as possible from any team . However although Max is a brilliant driver I feel he should be happy with his victory and not need to make any further comments , I do not think anyone else raised his issues .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back