advertisement

I appreciate its not the pinnacle, and is put in the shade by other peoples systems on here, it works for me.

51891253933_d736dc5f63_b.jpg

Surely that’s all that matters.

Agree on both, I don't like brands that offer upgrades on their models. It's a way of saying we are going to take your money all your life! I know I don't have to do it but knowing myself I would do it so I've kept myself away from all those brands, I have components in my setup for 20 years with no change at all.
My original Naim setup - active SBLs, 2X250s, LP12, I kept for about twenty years too. You really do not have to upgrade, no one forces you to. In the last year, I've gone Accuphase E480, E650, C2150/A-48...

You really need to separate those chrome bumper components.

Indeed, it looks great, but I can't help but think that putting lovely pieces on a sideboard is missing a trick.

Agreed. I remember way back, before Mana, was the ubiquitous Sound Organisation table. At the time, it wasn't even welded and was made of Dexion Speedframe, but it brought forth loads of experimentation with equipment mounting. I'm sure that separating the CB's and improving the mounting arrangement would be worthwhile!

Is the cork mat an upgrade to the standard mat on the Well Tempered?

It's not a WTL mat, just a basic cork mat found on ebay, only reason I'm using it is that stock mat is so light that the merest hint of static causes the mat to always come off with the record when turning over. I might go back to the stock mat at some point.

Agreed. I remember way back, before Mana, was the ubiquitous Sound Organisation table. At the time, it wasn't even welded and was made of Dexion Speedframe, but it brought forth loads of experimentation with equipment mounting. I'm sure that separating the CB's and improving the mounting arrangement would be worthwhile!

I might try but I've never been one for spending large amounts on hifi furniture, I could perhaps improve the isolation for the amps (and probably will if I end up getting the Primaluna amp), the turntable has some isolation as it's on a heavy plinth with adjustable spikes.

Hi @nickc78 ;its worth experimenting before you spend much money and with a little ingenuity, I'm sure you'll find some improvements. I think initially, just getting the PSU and pre-amp off the power amp will reap rewards. If you are using an mc cartridge, I'm surprised that you're not getting hum; the pre-amp is best using the fullest extent of it's interconnect to distance itself from the rest of the equipment. Looks like you have an excellent system there!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back