advertisement

Latest incarnation… but looking for ideas to lose the old fireplace and put something “modern” in (see off topic thread if interested).

51897542038_8040aa1906_b.jpg

51897455206_2ec4224279_b.jpg

Do you need the unit for storage? If it’s mostly just home for the TV maybe bin it off and replace the TV with Samsung the frame model over the (or a nicer remodelled) fireplace.

Last edited:
Do you need the unit for storage? If it’s mostly just home for the TV maybe bin it off and replace the TV with Samsung the frame model over the (or a nicer remodelled) fireplace.

It’s a nice piece of furniture, destined for the dining room, so just a temporary use here.

Go all out and get the fireplace removed, then get a nice 1300-1400mm wide media cabinet to match the WB arcs in style/colour.

Thing is, both Mrs Wb and I rather like fireplaces. That said, a wood or fossil fuel burning one just feels more and more wrong. Hence the off topic thread.

EDIT and me matching furniture to speakers is not a sensible way to go. I’ve actually rather fallen for the Arcs, but suspect a return to some small-ish floorstanders is on the cards once the lounge is sorted.

Not unless a remodelled fireplace is lower than that one!
s0936.gif

(Sorry, but I hate over-fireplace screens with a vengeance. I get a crick in my neck watching them).

Absolutely. I’m investigating the low, wide electric ones, preferably inset into wall (which has an external chimney breast). I started a thread in off topic…

Latest incarnation… but looking for ideas to lose the old fireplace and put something “modern” in (see off topic thread if interested).

51897542038_8040aa1906_b.jpg

51897455206_2ec4224279_b.jpg
I never get tired of looking at this turntable. A real hi-fi masterpiece IMO.
And quite honestly, does anyone really need more than that ?

advertisement

Back