advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movie themes + orchestra. I get zero jazz cool points.

MTAyOC5qcGVn.jpeg

Is this a competition for uncoolness?;)

Nah, it came up on my iTunes and besides, what's uncool about this?

This next:

And that is definitely cool: Grady Tate, Ray Brown, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Freddie Hubbard, Bob James, Eric Gale and Kai Winding cool.

Does he protest too much? ;) I’m so cool I can’t remember where I’ve hidden my favourite records :)

Fantastic film as well.

Yerrrr, it is accurate of what I know. I can still see the Lads gathered with their tool bags with Beer Towels from Mansfield brewery or Home Ales sewn on to the sides.
I remember when the trousers had multiple back pocket flaps, e.g. ‘6’ on each side o_O - wide baggies.

I know in retrospect what they were on with… I was waaay too young, but loved the music and especially the dancing. Like Hip Hop Breakdancing before it existed. Ace fun, but a messed up Swallow-Dive ends up with a scabby chin. (you have to learn to turn your head to the side when you land. - and bend, otherwise you are going to smack yer knackers.

Bit of a Crusaders fest today. Started with Crusaders 1 (1972) Larry Carlton on debut. Chuck Rainey on Bass. Something else.

Then worked on through to the mid 70's period - Southern Comfort , Chain Reaction and Those Southern Knights. I just love those 3 LP's.

Shame Chuck Rainey had already left when this was filmed. Not much footage out there of those times...

Bit of a Crusaders fest today. Started with Crusaders 1 (1972) Larry Carlton on debut. Chuck Rainey on Bass. Something else.

Then worked on through to the mid 70's period - Southern Comfort , Chain Reaction and Those Southern Knights. I just love those 3 LP's.

Shame Chuck Rainey had already left when this was filmed. Not much footage out there of those times...

"Scratch" is my favourite Crusaders album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back