advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Anyone notice the sat reception cut off when Max was being interviewed...interesting.

Max walked off the podium like a spoilt child.

He is not worthy to share that stage.

As a F1 fan going back to the days of Moss, Clark, Hill P(US), G, Surtees. I find driving in the style of MV and in earlier generations Senna and Schumacher utterly reprehensible. Yes, F1 is much safer than it used to be but racers still get hurt and worse. Max may feel empowered by his Dad, Horner, Marko and how the car works on the simulator game but it's his life and others that are still at stake. He should've been black flagged today.

Horner just admitted that if they didnt take Massee's 'deal' they would have gotten a penalty.

Wow.

He then also says that Lewis 'drove into the back of Max'.

The fragility of a front splitter will always come out worse if hitting the back of another car, what a ridiculous argument to make.

I’m not sure what happened with the collision but it does seem that Max would rather drive you off the circuit than try to make the corner.
Also having to give a position back then using drs to overtake at the same time is bollox.
They need to address the rules.

Can anyone remember seeing a driver getting 3 penalties in one race before? Had to give up a place to Hamilton for the first incident, give the place back again for the 2nd incident and a 5 second penalty?
I like to see drivers giving it everything but VER has become wreckless and is going to either seriously injure himself or someone else.

I’m not sure what happened with the collision but it does seem that Max would rather drive you off the circuit than try to make the corner.
Also having to give a position back then using drs to overtake at the same time is bollox.
They need to address the rules.
A few years back Hamilton had to give a place back when he did something similar but no where near as blatant as VER today, I think it was at the 2nd corner after he'd let (Alonso maybe?) back through.

VER is in front of the stewards for "Causing a collision. Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car (such as leaving the track) will be reported to the Stewards and may entail the imposition of penalties up to and including the exclusion of any driver concerned"

As someone on the guardian website said, if Max had been driving in any other era he'd be dead by now.

I've been following Formula One since 1976. Can't help feeling it's now become a bit of a showtime entertainment thing rather than purely a racing thing.

I'm sure Netflix must be rubbing their hands with glee for the next season of Drive to Survive..

I suspect the stewards can’t do anything as Massi or they are partially culpable no matter whether Max did something wrong.

advertisement

Back