advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You, make me think? Give over. Have a think yourself.

I think you painted yourself as the bad guy yourself tbh.

Im not sure what I am meant to be thinking about as you say, most of your posts havent really had anything substantial in them for me to ponder.

As for wanting people to have a decent wage and a reasonable life, that's exactly what the guy from my work just told he he gets.

Is he on minimum wage?

and did he say that when his boss wasn't sitting as his table, and you is employer (i gather) also being present?

Apparently the hourly wage of a Post person in the UK is £10.49 an hour +

https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Postman/Salary

which is inline which what the Real Living Wage people feel is bare minimum in London, so that wage outside of London is way above minimum wage.
That wage isn't really an amount to substantially create spending power, not anywhere. It's just worse in London. I know a guy here who works for the post, a Spanish fellow who could probably do something else if he had better command of the language, not his fault. Anyway the house they bought was only manageable because they got a deal from someone they knew. Way out of the city because the ones here are 400,000+ His wife carries most of the financial burden because she has a better job.

Which is the key. For him to say 'I'm a post man and I own my house' is not true. His wife supplies extra money from a financial job and they got a wad of cash from their parents to start it off.

That wage isn't really an amount to substantially create spending power, not anywhere. It's just worse in London. I know a guy here who works for the post, a Spanish fellow who could probably do something else if he had better command of the language, not his fault. Anyway the house they bought was only manageable because they got a deal from someone they knew. Way out of the city because the ones here are 400,000+ His wife carries most of the financial burden because she has a better job.

Which is the key. For him to say 'I'm a post man and I own my house' is not true. His wife supplies extra money from a financial job and they got a wad of cash from their parents to start it off.

Yes, its why I mentioned being 'single' in my earlier posts, being single and living on minimum wage means you have literally 50% less of a chance of owning a house, and life is far less comfortable...whislt being up against the odds with the wage...and people word HARD for that money. Employers expect a lot more from their staff these days.

I agree with you about the wage - I was just using it as an example that he is being paid considerably more than those on minimum wage - and thats just the base salary, if he has been there a while, it goes up quite a fair bit.

I live in London. Houses £700k+, flats £400+ and Im not exactly that Central.

- and thats just the base salary, if he has been there a while, it goes up quite a fair bit.

And here is where you show your absolute ignorance of what you’re trying to profess authority about.

The vast majority of Posties earn the same basic hourly rate. No pay progression for seniority. None. I earn the same hourly rate as someone who started yesterday.

There are enhancements for people who do workplace coaching or H&S stuff over and above their normal duties, but those people are a tiny minority of the workforce.

Is he on minimum wage?
That's none of my business, or yours. He's hourly paid.

and did he say that when his boss wasn't sitting as his table, and you is employer (i gather) also being present?
He did, unprompted. I'm not his employer. I'm a manager of a different department. He hasn't dealt with me directly at work, our paths haven't crossed and he doesn't know what job I do.

And here is where you show your absolute ignorance of what you’re trying to profess authority about.

The vast majority of Posties earn the same basic hourly rate. No pay progression for seniority. None. I earn the same hourly rate as someone who started yesterday.

There are enhancements for people who do workplace coaching or H&S stuff over and above their normal duties, but those people are a tiny minority of the workforce.

Good to know, thanks. I used a salary checker, which showed variations of salary, my bad for presuming it was length of service that raised it. Anyhow, semantics.

That's none of my business, or yours. He's hourly paid.

He did, unprompted. I'm not his employer. I'm a manager of a different department. He hasn't dealt with me directly at work, our paths haven't crossed and he doesn't know what job I do.

It's our business when you're using him as an example in a minimum wage debate, if he isn't actually on minimum wage.

Good to know, thanks. I used a salary checker, which showed variations of salary, my bad for presuming it was length of service that raised it. Anyhow, semantics.

It's our business when you're using him as an example in a minimum wage debate, if he isn't actually on minimum wage.
It's not your business at all.

It's not your business at all.

Lol. I suggest you not use him as an example if you don't want him to be a focal point, as up to now, he is all you have to support your ambiguous claims, and you brought him into the mix as your hero.

Im just trying to picture the scene, sitting at a table with a boss, with another boss floating around, breaking out with, unprompted of couse

'I LOVE MY JOB and MY WAGES, I HAVE A GREAT LIFE IN THE CHICKEN FACTORY'

Did he do a little dance as well?

I'm not broadcasting anything. The guy works with me. What he earns is his business, that of payroll and certainly not you.

Its a living wage discussion, so basically you're saying, he actually has no relevance as he could be on 50k a year for all we know, so why use him as an example of happiness on shit money?

You broadcasted him completely as your hero of support.

Lol. I suggest you not use him as an example if you don't want him to be a focal point, as up to now, he is all you have to support your ambiguous claims, and you brought him into the mix as your hero.

Im just trying to picture the scene, sitting at a table with a boss, with another boss floating around, breaking out with, unprompted of couse

'I LOVE MY JOB and MY WAGES, I HAVE A GREAT LIFE IN THE CHICKEN FACTORY'

Did he do a little dance as well?
He didn't do any dancing. You can make any other nonsense up yourself, you've been doing it all night. Why stop now?

Its a living wage discussion, so basically you're saying, he actually has no relevance as he could be on 50k a year for all we know, so why use him as an example?

You broadcasted him completely as your hero of support.
Yeah, sure he's on £50k, working in the air chill. You really don't know anything, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back