advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed when the boss is on good Bordeaux and saucisson sec, time to post on here and gad about to hotels, the turnover must be marvellous.

Indeed when the boss is on good Bordeaux and saucisson sec, time to post on here and gad about to hotels, the turnover must be marvellous.
who's on Bordeaux? I've had a quiche from the supermarket and a pint. Who's paid for the pint? I have.
Gadding about to hotels? Yeah, sure.

who's on Bordeaux? I've had a quiche from the supermarket and a pint. Who's paid for the pint? I have.
Gadding about to hotels? Yeah, sure.

You seem very angry, you're sitting at a bar, angry and writing on PFM. Maybe talk to the chaps you spoke of earlier and play a game of cards?

No one is really attacking employers, I'm not, I just feel that we should have a real living wage, and employers should opt to pay that instead of hiding behind government policy on a wage that is barely liveable.

I mean, if you're basically saying, people who give 40 hours+ of their life to you every week are not worth 50p more than the government says, well, I think thats very clear, sadly.

Interesting to know you dont work for minimum wage and own your own house. Very much a pipe dream for young people, and to be honest, many single middle aged people these days on minimum wage, no matter how hard they work. You obviously enriched your life when times were a fair bit easier and you werent on minimum wage, so lets support those so they can enjoy the same fruits today.

Rich owns a chicken factory now? Must be diversifying from aftermarket bike exhausts etc in preparation for the E Bike revolution.

So you don't work for minimum wage now, in todays world.

Do you own your own house?

He’s a sodding production engineer, of course he doesn’t. So what if he owns his own house? I’m a postie and own my own house, what about it?

Rich owns a chicken factory now? Must be diversifying from aftermarket bike exhausts etc in preparation for the E Bike revolution.

He’s a sodding production engineer, of course he doesn’t. So what if he owns his own house? I’m a postie and own my own house, what about it?

I think you've missed where this debate is...

I live in Yorkshire and travel for work. As to where I am in the week, not saying, but it's a nice town, the factory has generally nice people in it and anyone wanting to assemble a narrative about the poor downtrodden being exploited by evil employers can make up whatever they like.
You were wondering why your factory can’t recruit new staff. People are just throwing ideas out there why that may be a problem for you.

Is there only one person in that thread?
The majority of people now can't afford one. If you now pretend that you've purchased a house on a modern post delivery wage I'll be tempted to think you're making it up.

You seem very angry, you're sitting at a bar, angry and writing on PFM. Maybe talk to the chaps you spoke of earlier and play a game of cards?

No one is really attacking employers, I'm not, I just feel that we should have a real living wage, and employers should opt to pay that instead of hiding behind government policy on a wage that is barely liveable.

I mean, if you're basically saying, people who give 40 hours+ of their life to you every week are not worth 50p more than the government says, well, I think thats very clear, sadly.

Interesting to know you dont work for minimum wage and own your own house. Very much a pipe dream for young people, and to be honest, many single middle aged people these days on minimum wage today. You obviously enriched your life when times were a fair bit easier and you werent on minimum wage, so lets support those so they can enjoy the same fruits today.
I'm angry with people trying to put words in my mouth. I've not said any of what you're suggesting, I'm inviting you to have a think about it but clearly that's a bit too hard for you. It's easier to dress me up as the bad guy and make the dialogue fit what you want to think. Crack on.

Is there only one person in that thread?

The majority of people now can't afford one. If you now pretend that you've purchased a house on a modern post delivery wage I'll be tempted to think you're making it up.

So you’re calling me a liar?

I'm angry with people trying to put words in my mouth. I've not said any of what you're suggesting, I'm inviting you to have a think about it but clearly that's a bit too hard for you. It's easier to dress me up as the bad guy and make the dialogue fit what you want to think. Crack on.

I feel this is maybe a case of internal realisation for you , maybe more than you can cope with right now, hence the confusing emotions, rage and anger.

All I wish for is a real living wage so people can afford to have a comfortable life
. At no point has anything been personally directed towards you, but your aggressive posts like 'xxxx off' would mean to me that maybe the reality of what you do, if you are a person who employs, could be a little close to the bone, and you are becoming defensive over it.

Makes ya think eh?

I feel this is maybe a case of internal realisation for you , maybe more than you can cope with right now, hence the confusing emotions, rage and anger.

All I wish for is a real living wage so people can afford to have a comfortable life
. At no point has anything been personally directed towards you, but your aggressive posts like 'xxxx off' would mean to me that maybe the reality of what you do, if you are a person who employs, could be a little close to the bone, and you are becoming defensive over it.

Makes ya think eh?
You, make me think? Give over. Have a think yourself.

As for wanting people to have a decent wage and a reasonable life, that's exactly what the guy from my work just told he he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back