advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning in the V&A Dundee. Lunch in Arbroath- Arbroath Smokies in a pub, with smokehouse just behind right next to the harbour. Delicious and as fresh as can be.

Fitted some personal number plates to Mrs C's JCW mini. It's her little treat to herself following 'sort-of' retiring. I now have to wash said car due to the new number plates revealing a bit of dirt - OCD alert.

OK today's fun is widening a field gate from 8' to 12'. Digging out the post now and it's hard work. Going to try and move the same post over, but getting the clasp in the right place might be tricky.

Tricky to get the clasp in right place, I hope it won't out for you.

Reminds me of the guys put to replace some gate posts. The farmer told to make sure that the full 2.4m of the posts was used. Digging down all the way was going to be very difficult. So to hide the evidence they cut bottom of the post so that the farmer was none the wiser.

drove the scenic route to Edinburgh. Out in a pub. Thinking about the 500 whiskies the hotel apparently has

Final piano lesson today, before the exam. Went ok. Cautiously optimistic. Hopefully my nerves will not let me down. Lockdown has presented me with much more practice time than would have been available normally. My wife has been super patient throughout my piano journey, too.

Tricky to get the clasp in right place, I hope it won't out for you.

Reminds me of the guys put to replace some gate posts. The farmer told to make sure that the full 2.4m of the posts was used. Digging down all the way was going to be very difficult. So to hide the evidence they cut bottom of the post so that the farmer was none the wiser.
As long as they used the off-cut for something, no problem! :D

laying down loft boards in a loft , thank goodness we used space blanket in the past , so much nicer than bare irritating insulation
had a cooker fitted by hotpoint , not quite as good as last time but still good

Final piano lesson today, before the exam. Went ok. Cautiously optimistic. Hopefully my nerves will not let me down. Lockdown has presented me with much more practice time than would have been available normally. My wife has been super patient throughout my piano journey, too.

hope it goes well , endured many piano hours of the same repetitive tunes as a lad as mum did her practice

First, finishing my trousers! Lots of mistakes, but not bad for a first attempt. Or for a fiver on eBay. Now, finishing a bottle of rosé.

51400334468_1f28f2c715.jpg

I took the honey from the hives in three of my apiaries today. Most of the hives didn't mind, but one became very angry. I didn't care, I was safe inside my beesuit. But one of the little buggers found a way in, and invited her friends. I found myself sharing the hood with about a dozen very hostile bees. I ended up with stings to my throat, cheeks and head. But I didn't care. I also ended up with their honey.

I took the honey from the hives in three of my apiaries today. Most of the hives didn't mind, but one became very angry. I didn't care, I was safe inside my beesuit. But one of the little buggers found a way in, and invited her friends. I found myself sharing the hood with about a dozen very hostile bees. I ended up with stings to my throat, cheeks and head. But I didn't care. I also ended up with their honey.
Do you react less to the the stings over time as a beekeeper?

why? so you can rub it in?

You have a low opinion of me.

Not at all. I owe most of my first jobs to familial nepotism, and I have been self-employed, not particularly successfully, for the last 30 years.

I'm a lazy, entitled twat, with an empty piggy bank at a time in life when we all need no mortgage and a well-upholstered pension.

I'm merely intrigued by the dynamics of job interviews, having never really had to endure one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back