advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kid there was a racing pigeon that regularly stopped by. We used to give it a bit of birdseed and some water, it would potter about for a while, then it would carry on.

some racing pigeon!

New cart to fit so broke one of the tags just to make it interesting. Remarkably, managed to re-solder at second attempt. Fitted the tag into a block of wood so at least one bit was fixed in space. Ironic, you buy a new cart and it rewards you by sounding iffy. Set the timer on the phone at twenty-five minutes and let it play to an absent audience all evening. Got through six sides whilst I watched the telly. Professor T is quite amusing as is a series called Guilt whose first episode had me laughing out loud.

By the way Leigh, do you know Cordings? It’s your ideal outfitters.

https://www.cordings.co.uk/

It's owned by Eric Clapton.

I've been in a chicken factory. Challenging, but worthwhile. Now in the hotel, going to get food from the supermarket. Easier than waiting around to get served.

Not surprised you often seem to be so angry. I'm intrigued to know in what way is it's worthwhile?

It's owned by Eric Clapton.

Not surprised you often seem to be so angry. I'm intrigued to know in what way is it's worthwhile?
I work everywhere, sometimes meat, sometimes not. It's worthwhile when I go into a factory that doesn't work and make it work. People that were low skilled and unengaged are now competent and proud of their work. Products that can't be made profitably now can. Hygiene results improving and this being used to gain sales overseas. That sort of thing. It's not about paying the bills, I've got money for that, it's about getting results in a desperately hard business.

it doesn't make me angry, what makes me angry is people defending the indefensible and wrecking the country.

51352414797_0c8e42d0b7_z.jpg

Be that actually thee, Sir Hute of Marchbank Towers? ;)

had a shave this morning. Light day of work today....first one in months.....

New kitchen weighing scales arrived this morning; ordered yesterday afternoon from RS with free P&P.

Old ones were getting increasingly inaccurate, and failed completely after i inadvertently poured a pint of cider over them on Sunday.

(Looking for a desk for the box room)
If your looking for something really cheap and that can perhaps be popped under the bed the Paperhive cardboard one is good. I have had one for over a year and each night it gets tucked behind the flat screen tv.

https://thepaperhive.co.uk/products/pop-up-desk-adult-large

I don't bother with the middle support as its more than strong enough without. They can also be emulsioned if you don't like the raw cardboard.

@Sue Pertwee-Tyr have a look in Ikea, I got a nice slim desk and chair this time last year when it became apparent that home working was going to last or be permanent.
Thanks, both. Cardboard idea looks fun, and cheap but not what I’m after. I want something more permanent. Don’t want to get too spendy, but this will be replacing IKEA desks - we’ve had several, and they did the job but we’re moving on now, and there’s nothing in the current range that appeals. The Blake, from Chop Shop, looks very nicely made, a bit cool, and they’ll do the custom size I want for a very reasonable premium over standard list price.

Last edited:
Thanks @hifinutt easy to pack books and Lps and the stuff I've the boxes for it's all the other awkward shaped random stuff is a pain in the neck, I'm trying to freecycle as much as I can though.

Pity you're the other side of the pond @Sue Pertwee-Tyr I've two desks to get rid of

(Looking for a desk for the box room)

Thanks, both. Cardboard idea looks fun, and cheap but not what I’m after. I want something more permanent. Don’t want to get too spendy, but this will be replacing IKEA desks - we’ve had several, and they did the job but we’re moving on now, and there’s nothing in the current range that appeals. The Blake, from Chop Shop, looks very nicely made, a bit cool, and they’ll do the custom size I want for a very reasonable premium over standard list price.

We bought a very nice desk from Wayfair - there is a very large selection on there - just be sure to filter by 'in stock' to reduce the number of pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back