advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be no compromise, at best they will bung the farmers a few Euros and taper the agreement. If the mad cow feed causes problems the EU may need the Mercosur beef.
UK benefit on this one is we are not part of 'EU law has primacy over national law'.
I’m sorry, you can’t have it both ways. I’m sure you were wittering on a few pages back about ‘Napoleon’ and ‘Angela’ pulling the EU strings of power and doing what they want.
I’m now confused about your position on this.

I’m sorry, I really struggle to see how that is a benefit……
Katie Hatey is drawin attention to an important problem in 2021:

“I am done with watching decent Brits put at the back of the queue, whilst illegals waltz into our country and enjoy free accommodation, health and school places denied to our own”.
January 2021, UKIP press release

….there must be more Li-lo’s getting through than we suspected. She may be coming back on one because the racist UKIP gobsh*te has just been declared an illegal in Australia with immediate deportation.

I’m sorry, you can’t have it both ways. I’m sure you were wittering on a few pages back about ‘Napoleon’ and ‘Angela’ pulling the EU strings of power and doing what they want.
It’s not surprising because the ‘position’ is random. If you can imagine Brownian motion on the mouse mat whenever Google + Brexit is up.

Angela does massage Napoleons ego but on this one 'EU law has primacy over national law' and no doubt Ursula and co are waiting for a crisis to slip the Mercosur deal through.

There will be no soft landing for the EU empire it must continue towards a USE or perish. Dependency and the Brexit 'are you with us or against us' culture will ensure its survival for a few years yet.

Von Barron, any timescales for those two contradictory visions?

If you put her up in a Brexit constituency as a Tory candidate, how many votes do you think she would get? I think it’s entirely conceivable she could get into Parliament.

Is rejoining the SM a Labour policy? Might vote for them if it is.
I have no idea. Try google. My vote will go to the candidate most likely to keep the tories out of a seat regardless of any Labour policy on the SM. It’s the sensible vote, imo because it recognises where the problem is.

The offer of a second referendum was ignored by hard remainers in 2019 and there is no reason to suppose such people would support joining the SM without the chaff, it is all or nothing for them and they like whinging anyway. A solution to it is not what they want.

Brexit is treated politically as an end in itself. Boris got elected because Boris pledged to get Brexit done. Take a look at what his government has done since recovering ‘sovereignty’ and freedom from imagined limitations placed on it by Europe. Parts of the U.K. where the majority voted for Brexit parties appear to be heading for an intolerant nativism at all costs, including financial costs. Other parts of the U.K. by majority vote, want nothing to do with it. The U.K. will break up, even when the Tories catch on that their current slogan based populism is a dead end, running purely on the cheques Johnson’s mouth has written.

Yes. As the vote for Brexit and Johnson’s popularity are inextricably linked, not sure how the supporters of the first go on to condemn the second?

Von Barron, any timescales for those two contradictory visions?
The carrot and stick approach to maintaining EU membership is well established and Brexit has reduced exit within the 27 to talk but no action.
There are hard times ahead and i think the EU in its present form will be gone within 20 years to be replaced by some form of cost effective trade organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back