advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

I expected HAM to crash into VER this race, after all the talk about fair racing by both HAM and VER prior to the raceweekend. But the Mercedes was quicker on this track. Now lets see how fair Monaco will be when Honda Red Bull might be quicker.

Lewis won't deliberately crash into Max but there might come a point where he doesn't move over to avoid a crash if thinks Max might come off worse
Some years back it looked like he was starting to develop a habit of running into Massa.
They were like magnets being pulled together.

More recently it was Albon, the first one costing him a decent result early on in his RB career. It was Hamilton's fault and he apologised but who knows what Albon might have done with a early good result for his then new team? To be fair, they gave him plenty of time to sort himself out. Gasly was probably spat out to early looking at how he's done since. Early days but Perez is starting to look like Max's latest victim.

Early days but Perez is starting to look like Max's latest victim.

You have no idea how much I am biting my tongue on this. From right up front I have felt and stated that ALB and GAS were unfairly treated by RB and that PER would fair barely any better. PER has had a slightly better start (which given his experience he should have) but I have never rated PER that highly. I am still happy to give him to half way into the season but his card has been marked. He was too slow in quali and race pace did not really impress, he is making mistakes that come from over driving. Make no mistake VER is a generational talent and along with HAM they are making the rest of the field look like they are in a different class. RB need to make their car easier to drive to get better support for VER. The only person who can keep up with him would be a similar talent and then you would have some troubles for sure.

We are seeing a driving masterclass from two extraordinary talents, we should treasure the races we are seeing and hopefully sill see throughout the year, as we are seeing the art of racing driver writ large.

The FIA are introducing new tests on the flexibility of rear wings from the French GP.

Oh dear, RB about to get a little slower, not really what we need for a close fight, but rules are rules. I wondered when I saw the report about Hamilton commenting on the flexing wing whether it was Hamilton's spot or a way to introduce the issue to the FIA without Merc directly accusing them.

Hamilton is saying he wants a contract with Mercedes for next year signed before the summer break.

So that’s all the “8 titles, 100 poles, and he'll retire” predictions blown out of the water!

I'm not so sure. This year the fight looks close so if he doesn't win it he wants to make sure he has an option for 2022 or otherwise he could find Max in 'his' car. Rosberg had a contract and retired on the sport when he won the WC, Hamilton could do the same.

I wondered when I saw the report about Hamilton commenting on the flexing wing whether it was Hamilton's spot or a way to introduce the issue to the FIA without Merc directly accusing them.
Horner in effect said the same, ie that it wasn’t Hamilton’s view but he’d been put up to saying by Toto who’d discussed the topic with Horner..

It's great when Martin speaks to other drivers, he got a lot out of Lewis there who looks very relaxed in his own skin at the moment. Love the bit out the 'internal gyros' and how these great drivers get that seat of the pants feelings to react to what the car is doing/telling them.

advertisement

Back