advertisement

Siemens dishwasher - drains but not fully

Don't forget the backflow valve, usually a soft plastic flap close to the impeller.
Any debris caught there will allow water in the drain hose to return into the sump, thus triggering the warning on next use.

I've got the same machine, and had the same problem. A thorough flush and clean of the waste pipe in situ, and a 'reboot', sorted out.

Yep, done all that, no blockage, clean as a whistle. The volume of residual water is nothing like that video, it’s more like the last sponge full.

We mainly use the quick wash after rinsing everything off in the sink. I’m thinking because it’s not often run very hot, the drain hose is possibly restricted by a gradual build up. Ran another 70 degree program last night, still got the small amount of residual water which prevents the next cycle from starting. I’m trying everything to avoid pulling the thing out but it’s inevitable!

Ran another 70 degree program last night, still got the small amount of residual water which prevents the next cycle from starting. I’m trying everything to avoid pulling the thing out but it’s inevitable!

Run Caustic Soda through the machine.
There are plastic heat exchanger tanks in the machine which fill with congealed food waste...

Think of Caustic Soda as a concentrated acid, it burns, but is the product to use for cleaning organic waste.

Never use on Aluminium though !

Run Caustic Soda through the machine.
There are plastic heat exchanger tanks in the machine which fill with congealed food waste...

Think of Caustic Soda as a concentrated acid, it burns, but is the product to use for cleaning organic waste.

Never use on Aluminium though !
I think it’s actually a strong alkali, NaOH

Does it drain into a proper appliance upstand or is it connected to a sink trap?

Can’t remember the configuration behind the machine (guess I’ll soon find out!) but does connect into the sink drain. Whatever it is, it’s been perfect for 12 years.

Can’t remember the configuration behind the machine (guess I’ll soon find out!) but does connect into the sink drain. Whatever it is, it’s been perfect for 12 years.

Well depending on how much slack is in the drain hose and how it is routed, before dragging it out the easiest thing to start with is disconnect it from the sink trap and check all is well at that end, might as well pull the trap off whilst you're at it and check that isn't getting blocked up.

We had to replace our one. Some of the same issues you had but in ours you couldn't get it to start a program or fill up. I believed it was the solenoid valve in the anti-flood hose. I even bought one and took the machine apart fit it but no joy. €349 for the new one, a Bosch and now have a spare fill hose that probably will not suit the new one in the event it gives up the ghost.

If you have teenage children in the house anything could be in the drain system. The notion of rinsing the food off a plate is too much effort.
We had a problem previously where we called out a guy, He had an inspection camera and advised there was a coin stuck in the drain system.

If you have teenage children in the house anything could be in the drain system. The notion of rinsing the food off a plate is too much effort.
We had a problem previously where we called out a guy, He had an inspection camera and advised there was a coin stuck in the drain system.

Imagine what I find in the ones fitted at nurseries! I've pulled all sorts out of drain pumps- toys, plastic spoons, metal spoons, dish cloths, scourers etc.

@Ponty , do you have a model number for it?

Imagine what I find in the ones fitted at nurseries! I've pulled all sorts out of drain pumps- toys, plastic spoons, metal spoons, dish cloths, scourers etc.

@Ponty , do you have a model number for it?

Yep, siemens SD6P1S fully integrated.

Having a coffee before clearing out under the sink…

advertisement

Back