advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree however I don't believe for one minute that we've had so few incidences and deaths attributed to the vaccines as reported, it's impossible when Germany have vaccinated about a tenth of the people we have with more deaths, the tory shits are absolute at it.

On Apr 1 Germany reported 31 cases of cerebral thrombosis, and had distributed 2.7M doses. We reported 79 cases of rare clots in 20.2M doses. So prima facie what you're saying makes sense. But I can't say if we're comparing similar incidents, i.e. whether the 31 in Germany are the same type as the 30 in the UK.

Covid-19: EMA defends AstraZeneca vaccine as Germany and Canada halt rollouts | The BMJ
MHRA issues new advice, concluding a possible link between COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and extremely rare, unlikely to occur blood clots - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Last edited:
I'm sticking up for @twotone (and I hope this isn't patronising tt)- he's trying to think this through for himself, not as an expert, but as an intelligent and interested observer who doesn't trust the Tories one little bit. What else is there to do or think at this time - and aren't we all?

FWIW I haven't booked my jab yet, judging by the places it is on offer to me it will be AZ and I suppose I have to decide if there is any risk or not for myself. I've not come down on either side yet.

I'm not any sort of tin foil hat wearing loon, it's just recent developments in the news muddying the waters. I'm thankful that I'm healthy and not in any desperate need of a jab so have time to weigh it up. I'd probably be more inclined to take one of the others if available.

The tories I don't trust , but if you think the medical authorities would go along with Tory lies nah sorry I'm not having that.

They're billion pound industries just on single drugs because they're at the 'limit' of current knowledge. Just food for thought but where do you stand on statins for example? Current knowledge might be a decade old at least and the fact that further knowledge is limited by funding is not considered - maverick medics are soon cast out I can tell you, because it's all cosy...

They're billion pound industries just on single drugs because they're at the 'limit' of current knowledge. Just food for thought but where do you stand on statins for example? Current knowlege might be a decade old at least and the fact that funding further knowledge is limited by funding is not considered - maverick medics are soon cast out I can tell you...

Gav, you are conflating the pharmaceutical industry with the MHRA and NICE. Regarding vaccines and clots, it is down to the MHRA only and prescribing advice for statins is down to NICE. NICE seems to be bogged down in the new high-cost therapies, but I would be surprised if there wasn’t a small team working on statins. Trouble is, statins are cheap and not hugely dangerous so will be low priority.

On Apr 1 Germany reported 31 cases of cerebral thrombosis, and had distributed 2.7M doses. We reported 79 cases of rare clots in 20.2M doses. So prima facie what you're saying makes sense. But I can't say if we're comparing similar incidents, i.e. whether the 31 in Germany are the same type as the 30 in the UK.

Covid-19: EMA defends AstraZeneca vaccine as Germany and Canada halt rollouts | The BMJ
MHRA issues new advice, concluding a possible link between COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and extremely rare, unlikely to occur blood clots - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Presumably this disparity between the UK and Europe is why in the UK we recommend cutting off AZ at 30, and elsewhere it's over 55.

This seems to be a one off opportunity to have an open and frank discourse with the public about health in general.
Why should someone worry about the clotting risk from AZ, whilst they still indulge in high fat diet; smoking; drinking; and lack of exercise?

This seems to be a one off opportunity to have an open and frank discourse with the public about health in general.
Why should someone worry about the clotting risk from AZ, whilst they still indulge in high fat diet; smoking; drinking; and lack of exercise?

Because eating and drinking is fun. You can always say to yourself, I've lived with COVID for a year, over summer prevalence and R are likely to be low, there will be a new generation of vaccine along in 6 months, so why take a step into the unknown?

There was a vox pop thing I heard with Millennials and Gen Z in Union Square in Manhattan. They were all saying that there's no way they'd take a COVID vaccine, they just don't trust anything the establishment says or does.

Well, looking more closely at the UK/Europe figures for clots with AZ, I can see where they were coming from.

There was a vox pop thing I heard with Millennials and Gen Z in Union Square in Manhattan. They were all saying that there's no way they'd take a COVID vaccine, they just don't trust anything the establishment says or does.
There's a lad in Rochdale I know who is adamant he won't take the vaccine (any) because of a lack of trust.
This is the same lad who buys drugs off local dealers, and freely admits that he doesn't know what they mix them with.
Maybe we should let the local dealers distribute a "highly effective but secret vax normally kept for the elite". Hush, hush, yours for £50 mate.
They would be queueing up!
(of course, it would just be AZ coloured with a bit of blue water)

do you have a source for this (my search only found the Daily Mail and Telegraph).

Sorry not off the top of my head, I think the reports might be slightly different from the AZ though. There was a cluster of deaths in Norway among the elderly from the Pfizer initially, but I doubt they were investigated very thoroughly.

There's a lad in Rochdale I know who is adamant he won't take the vaccine (any) because of a lack of trust.
This is the same lad who buys drugs off local dealers, and freely admits that he doesn't know what they mix them with.
Maybe we should let the local dealers distribute a "highly effective but secret vax normally kept for the elite". Hush, hush, yours for £50 mate.
They would be queueing up!
(of course, it would just be AZ coloured with a bit of blue water)

Staggering isn’t it. They’ll probably stand cheek by jowl with no masks in a queue for McDonalds complaining about the risk of taking the C19 vaccine.

Starting to wonder if this vaccines side effects are having strange side effects on people's grip on reality, seems to have massively increased the doubts in people's thoughts. The main worry I have is the amount of people wishing to go on a foreign holiday. Looking forward to finding out which countries are classed as safe , and how long it takes for them to be classed as not safe after big numbers of people visit them and take a dose with them and others fetch it home with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back