advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

Well done; look forward to your findings on the tyres per our chat elsewhere.

Anyway - I did tap along the centreline of the lockdown-mud-carapace today, clunk: and after throwing bucket or two of water over it, extracted my e39 clean again; almost - the wheels (M parallels) need a proper go to shift the other 50% of the brake dust etc; - but at a glance it looks shiny ;)

Yeah looking forward to getting them scrubbed in Martin

I've done a cursory around the block drive to settle the suspension before torquing the wheels up again etc

But the weather he is supposed to get very cold very quickly Sunday onwards; so there won't be much driving to do this week at all really...

But, as we are allowed to travel a bit more; I think a drive out to Arnside/Sandside one day soon is on the cards

I'm considering a ceramic coating for my Model 3, but I've read pros and cons, so I'm in two minds

you have to take it to a detailing pro workshop for the best results - in the process of getting new wheels soon and planning to splash out on a treatment, guaranteed for 3-5 year’s allegedly?

Hopefully getting another car soon, need to figure out a simple way of cleaning it with no access to external water at home.

Was thinking of doing a petrol station wash with a pump sprayer full of some concoction (I've found Bilt Hamber products good previously) and jet washing it off there, some sort of wash with a mitt then another rinse and dry off is about as good as I can come up with.

Hopefully getting another car soon, need to figure out a simple way of cleaning it with no access to external water at home.

Was thinking of doing a petrol station wash with a pump sprayer full of some concoction (I've found Bilt Hamber products good previously) and jet washing it off there, some sort of wash with a mitt then another rinse and dry off is about as good as I can come up with.

Plenty of info on Google & The Tube for using power washers with a water butt type water source :)

My pal does this; he's in a 2nd floor flat etc...

As an example:

Your pal has far more will power than me, I ain't carting that lot up and down from a 2nd floor flat! Not to mention nowhere to keep it all, zero storage, or a water butt, or electric.

you have to take it to a detailing pro workshop for the best results - in the process of getting new wheels soon and planning to splash out on a treatment, guaranteed for 3-5 year’s allegedly?

I've had a couple of quotes around the £800 mark, broken done into detailing/paint prep and then the coating - both quotes from reputable car detailing workshops. Still considering mind you...:)

Your pal has far more will power than me, I ain't carting that lot up and down from a 2nd floor flat! Not to mention nowhere to keep it all, zero storage, or a water butt, or electric.

He keeps it in his car to be fair (335D touring); just fills the water butt he uses when he washes the car etc

His 'car handbag' has all his cleaning stuff:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HNUHP80/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Haha :D

I think what you need to do is find a local mobile valeter and get them to do the car every 2-4 weeks; they'll probably do a decent rate reduction for continuous business

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've had a couple of quotes around the £800 mark, broken done into detailing/paint prep and then the coating - both quotes from reputable car detailing workshops. Still considering mind you...:)

That's sounds very expensive!

There are a few very respected car detailers local to me and a full clean, detail, polish and ceramic coating is c£350-£500 depending on the size of car etc

Looking good. Has it been dropped slightly or is that the standard ride height? Either way, the wheels fill the arches to perfection.

Cheers, Rack.

The front is lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit springs; the rear is on OEM SLS but lowered 10mm via INPA software. I won't go lower than that; it clear speedhumps just etc; even with my fat arse in it :D

Washed the car for the first time in about a year on Wednesday. (There's really not much point in Herefordshire, the roads are so filthy when it rains.) Woke up on Thursday morning, and it was covered in Saharan dust. Just as well, really. It looked a bit incongruous in our garden, gleaming smugly to itself.

The van has been doing 200 mile per day and hasn't been washed since about end of November, it looks vile, possibly needs two trips through the auto scratch to even get it looking something like. I might take it today when I nip into town, there's some stuff on it that has survived about ten trips through though, I've no idea what it is!

advertisement

Back