advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

could you ask the chemist for some anti emetics just in case??
Yes, I have a small stock of Domperidone for such eventualities. Not sure if the stuff actually works but it certainly has a positive placebo effect so I'm glad I have it on hand.

A bit more background info: I've had severe GERD since around 2011, the onset of which was very sudden (I blame it on being told by my GP to stop a course of antibiotics halfway through for a suspected bacterial kidney/urine infection after tests came back negative, because my GERD symptoms appeared immediately after that). I struggled for the first year or so after that, feeling as if everything I ate was regurgitating, and was constantly on edge because of this, hence being prescribed antiemetics. After a couple of years my symptoms stabilised and became manageable, especially through the day, but my sleep is still often disrupted by coughing fits (I sleep on a 45 degree incline, haven't slept flat for 10 years now).

I started receiving annual flu vaccines after the swine flu pandemic of 2009(?), and the first few I received really knocked me for six for 24-48hrs with severe lethargy, shivers, visible shaking and intense feeling of nausea, but more recent flu jabs have had far less side effects on me. In fact, the one I received in December 2020 did nothing more than leave me with a sore arm and feeling a bit lethargic for the rest of the day, the next day I was back to normal. I don't know what this reveals about the potency of the flu jabs, or my body's seemingly lessening reactions to them...

On the balance of the replies here it seems I'm most likely getting worked up about nothing, but I think I'll still contact my GP and ask if it's at all possible to receive the Pfizer jab instead of the A-Z one.

Had the Pfizer vaccine at 1042 today. The Galtres Center in Easingwold was well staffed and organized. No waiting outside and shown straight into a well sanitized and distanced waiting room. At 1041 called in and vaccinated by a doctor after an explanation and Q&A session. 15 min wait afterwards and all done. Very slick.

Arm is a bit sore now.

I had the A-Z jab 10 days ago. Have felt unwell ever since. Severe nausea and loss of appetite. Although I haven't been physically sick it feels like I constantly want to be. I did mention to the guy who gave me it that throughout my life, I have had a couple of operations whereby I have been kept in hospital for days after due to severe nausea. He assured me I should be ok. Tbh I am seriously considering not having the second jab. It seems reading this thread though that I am an extreme case.
Thank you for sharing your experience, and more importantly I hope you begin to feel better soon. Have you reported this to your GP and perhaps request the Pfizer for your second jab?

Actually I hadn't considered that was possible. I live in Scotland and have just done a bit of research. The recommendation is that for optimum results they are both the same. I assumed you had to take what ever stocks they were supplied. Good point though. I will certainly enquire when I get the second call up. I guess it is all a lottery, and will update you on that when I find out. Tbh I am unsure if the GP will have much input.

Everyone I know face to face who has had it have suffered no ill effects, I'm wondering if pinkfishmedia has been given a bad batch?

I had the AZ at 3pm yesterday. No noticeable side effects other a very minor soreness at the injection point.

Well, apart from a feeling like a bit of a bruise at the injection site, for a day or so, no other effects at all (Pfizer) since Wednesday morning. The sore arm was minor - didn’t stop me sleeping on it. I hear, anecdotally, that side effects are more common with AZ, but I’m not sure how robust those observations are. I also hear that the second dose of Pfizer might be more likely to generate side effects, so we’ll see. But I’m also wondering what effect my having already had Covid might have on side effects. I could believe that preexisting immunity might mean my system reacted less to the vaccine.

I hear, anecdotally, that side effects are more common with AZ, but I’m not sure how robust those observations are. I also hear that the second dose of Pfizer might be more likely to generate side effects, so we’ll see.

I posted this a few pp back but my 'analysis' was purely based upon side-effect postings on this thread and it did seem that A-Z recipients suffered more. Sod's Law, but this was followed by the first two postings of Pfizer effects !

If you have pre-existing immunity, your first dose would have the effect of being a booster, possibly. Your booster would then seem to pull up the viral drawbridge.

Everyone I know face to face who has had it have suffered no ill effects, I'm wondering if pinkfishmedia has been given a bad batch?

I think it's more that people (including pfmers) will tend to report adverse effects, whilst those with no such effects (beyond a sore arm) won't bother to say so.

I think it's more that people (including pfmers) will tend to report adverse effects, whilst those with no such effects (beyond a sore arm) won't bother to say so.
Also I’m fairly certain there are more AZ jabs being given so there will be more reported side effects even if the propensity for side effects is the same as for Pfizer.

advertisement

Back