advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
What direction the Special Relationship? Oval Office yesterday- I see Rosa and Abe but where’s Winston?

9QWADBC.jpg

Don't think that will happen at all now. Covid provides cover for this year and next (Cummings couldn't be so wicked as to realise that a year ago could he ?). After that events move on.
Covid is an unexpected opportunity for a number of political groups. It won't be just in the UK. Many things can be blamed on the pandemic and the public will believe it.

I fully expect a new narrative to develop at the back end of 2021.

There will be talk of a "new normal". Some people have already talked about the project reset conspiracy idea.

You don't have to tell the truth, you just have to kill those that do.
See "1984" post-Brexit governing manual
Just blame somebody "We have always been at war with Eastasia"

Fishing was a marginal topic for most people during the referendum campaign.

I doubt it influenced the vote of more than a tiny minority of the voters. There was a lot more chatter about how we would lose access to cheap agricultural land workers.

Fishing was a marginal topic for most people during the referendum campaign.

I doubt it influenced the vote of more than a tiny minority of the voters. There was a lot more chatter about how we would lose access to cheap agricultural land workers.

That would be naive. The symbolism of fishing was obvious, hence all the photo-ops with them as a backdrop and Farage on the bridge of a trawler. Brexit was all about symbolism because there is no attractive substance. At no point were any drier matters of substance advanced - it was all buses, trawlers WW2 and anti-immigration posters. If you think these carried no influence, you really don't underdstand the demographic they were seeking.

It's a bit like laughing off Trump's lie about his inauguration audience, yes the lie was almost laughably insignificant in isolation, but what it pointed to was not. It meant that he couldn't be honest when it didn't matter, so there was no chance when it did.

??????????????????? :D. Boris would be proud of that post.

Would he now.

You happily accuse me of 'little Englanderism', but there you are wearing your isolationist 'little EU' badge proudly on your sleeve.

There might come a time, tone, when your masters in Brussels tire of your country's handy little tax-haven wheeze, and when it does your other masters in silicon Valley may well not be seen for the dust they leave in their wake.

Would he now.

You happily accuse me of 'little Englanderism', but there you are wearing your isolationist 'little EU' badge proudly on your sleeve.

There might come a time, tone, when your masters in Brussels tire of your country's handy little tax-haven wheeze, and when it does your other masters in silicon Valley may well not be seen for the dust they leave in their wake.

You are very entertaining EV, take the ball run with it and turn it into something completely different. How did you know I have an EU badge on my sleeve?

You have me worried now do you think the EU and the US are going to abandon us and punish us. Who should we turn to for help in our hour of need. Maybe build bridges with Boris. Sea bridges? Didn't Boris say you guys are world leaders in innovation and engineering etc?

That would be naive. The symbolism of fishing was obvious, hence all the photo-ops with them as a backdrop and Farage on the bridge of a trawler. Brexit was all about symbolism because there is no attractive substance. At no point were any drier matters of substance advanced - it was all buses, trawlers WW2 and anti-immigration posters. If you think these carried no influence, you really don't underdstand the demographic they were seeking.
No, you're just guilty of rewriting history.
Most people have never cared about fishing going back decades now. I remember it was a dying industry in Hull in the 80s.
It was never a priority in the political party manifestos in GE's.

I'm talking about the actual people I know who voted, not symbolism. Most of the narrative was about migration, not fishing.

I know people who voted remain/leave on purely local issues. I know people who spent more time discussing X factor than the referendum

That’s all there is with this dead end nativism EV, expressing the desire that misfortune will befall others. It’s the running theme in your posts and with the other two unlikely bedfellows you have here.
When I venture new opportunities, like new work and migration relationships with Hong Kong, you are equally dismissive.

Just what will please you?

I see 36 states inside that maze of rings, some of them very small. Where are the other 120 odd other states on this globe, some of them very big. Where is the UN, NATO, the G7, G8?
Why would they feature in a schematic about the facilitation of frictionless trade and movement of people in Europe when they are not parties to such agreements?

That’s all there is with this dead end nativism EV, expressing the desire that misfortune will befall others. It’s the running theme in your posts and with the other two unlikely bedfellows you have here.

Now coming from you, that is quite something. You really need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. Every single post you make is bursting with your loathing of England, and of your drooling lust to see it fail. You're not just overt, you are actually proud of it.

You really take the definition of hypocrisy to a new level.

No, you're just guilty of rewriting history.
Most people have never cared about fishing going back decades now. I remember it was a dying industry in Hull in the 80s.
It was never a priority in the political party manifestos in GE's.

I'm talking about the actual people I know who voted, not symbolism. Most of the narrative was about migration, not fishing.

I know people who voted remain/leave on purely local issues. I know people who spent more time discussing X factor than the referendum

Try re-reading rather than accusing others of re-writing. The migration is in there. For you this was a business opportunity as you have confirmed, not the demographic the nonsense was aimed at. Which part of buses, anti-immigration posters, WW2 references and trawlers didn't form part of the Leave conceit?

Now coming from you, that is quite something. You really need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. Every single post you make is bursting with your loathing of England, and of your drooling lust to see it fail. You're not just overt, you are actually proud of it.

Swap England for the EU and have a look in same.

It formed part of the campaign, I agree. But the key point is how much did it directly drive someone to vote leave.
I can see why fishing is important to support local communities, but I don't remember it being a priority for any political party during the 90s/00s.

All I can say is it didn't really interest me. Steve, are you saying you wanted to Remain because of fishing (being a big factor)?

Are you confusing Brexit and the Tory government with the country called England? A common mistake it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back