advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks about the right mix if you have to go that way - half a bottle of whisky with 1/4 bottle of coke...

Oranges and lemons...?

Still sacrilege though...

Haha not quite

Certainly no fruit in there (that's the wife's G&T fruit salad)

The bottle is around 2 years old; so it's been delved into, but only on rare occasions ;) Had 2 Smokey Cokey's and that was enough; it's 59% so got a fair kick ;) :D

JD Single Barrel last night for a change.
Managed to restrict Xmas purchases to one of these:
https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiski...8-year-old-2012-founders-cask-release-whisky/
That's my birthday pressie...must try to keep it under control in 21.

Nice. I've only got the Machir Bay so far although I tried a couple of the others when we did the distillery tour a few months back.

The dog enjoyed the real Machir Bay almost as much as I enjoyed the whisky!

169818315.OkAIh6VY.jpg

Nice. I've only got the Machir Bay so far although I tried a couple of the others when we did the distillery tour a few months back.

The dog enjoyed the real Machir Bay almost as much as I enjoyed the whisky!

169818315.OkAIh6VY.jpg
What a place...one day we'll be there.
My twisted logic (justification - getting to know the spirit) will involve purchasing a standard Kilchoman before opening the Founders...what control!?

I like Arran distillery. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Amerone cask finish. I wonder how long the whisky had been in the Amerone cask

Very interesting whisky. Apparently the very red colour is natural, and it's very smooth and sweet. I normally find whiskies at 50% or so are better with a drop of water but I think I prefer it without - it's an easy drinker either way though. Pretty good considering it's fairly cheap.

Very interesting whisky. Apparently the very red colour is natural, and it's very smooth and sweet. I normally find whiskies at 50% or so are better with a drop of water but I think I prefer it without - it's an easy drinker either way though. Pretty good considering it's fairly cheap.
That’s interesting. I’m curious how it compares to things with Sherry or Madeira finishes, which I generally find too sweet for my taste. I rather hoped the amarone might be interesting but not so sweet.
Hoping to get to Arran, maybe later this year, so this would be a definite possibility for a dram to bring back.

The Ledaig Rioja Cask Finish also arrived today. It's got a similar red colour to the Arran Amarone but as it's quite peaty it's a very different dram. It's also pretty cheap (a good bit cheaper than the Arran). The reviews on it are a bit mixed but I think it's decent enough, although I'd say the peaty smoke is a more distinctive flavour than sweeter wine notes. I think it'll make for nice old fashioneds, or even smokey cokeys.

Never liked the Jura whiskies. Way too much caramel. I'm sure I read a review recently that stated something along the lines of, "...a caramel has eaten way too much caramel and then vomited it all up into a bottle of Jura..." I had to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back