advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take a draw now, JK won't have the team together until the day before the Everton game due to most of them being away on international duty.. Mane can't train for a fortnight either... what a season

I know Liverpool had a few players out but I can't help but think that this result was down to a bit of complacency setting in.
Last to play and safe in the knowledge that their only realistic challenger had dropped another two points so lets just turn up at Villa grab the points and go into the international break back at the top of the league.
Unfortunately Villa didn't read the script and played some excellent stuff coupled with a bit of good fortune at the right time.
It just shows that in the PL if you're slghtly off it anything can happen.
I expect Liverpool to bounce back on Saturday week with a win at Everton.

Not sure whether you saw the game on Sky, the first goal was a shocker and we were always chasing the game, we wasted many chances to get even and might have had a penalty early on when Salah was taken out... Villa were ruthless but three goals took deflections and shot in giving the goalie little chance.... it was one of those days and luckily no-one else was injured

Not sure whether you saw the game on Sky, the first goal was a shocker and we were always chasing the game, we wasted many chances to get even and might have had a penalty early on when Salah was taken out... Villa were ruthless but three goals took deflections and shot in giving the goalie little chance.... it was one of those days and luckily no-one else was injured
I'm in France so I watch all my football on RMC Sport but yeah I did see most of the game (from 2-1to Villa in fact)
The deflections were unfortunate but when you have defenders (Fabinho) turning away from a shot a deflection is always possible.
Despite Villa having a bit of fortune they also missed some gold plated opportunities - I don't think I've ever seen Liverpool so disorganised at the back.

Ole Ole Ole - Oi Oi Oi !

It is starting to look like the Utd boss could get the sack.

Gary Neville has blamed Liverpool, Shitty and Chelsea, for the poor performance of Naff Utd. Well he would.

The Mancs have been "psychologically damaged" by watching other clubs improve their teams. https://wusses

I'd feel sorry for them if I wasn't too busy laughing. Utd are a bunch of wusses.

Jack

Ole Ole Ole - Oi Oi Oi !

It is starting to look like the Utd boss could get the sack.

Im fairly sure that Utd and it’s fans will look after Ole better than Chelski will look after poor old Frank. I’m struggling to remember you lot keeping a manager for more than a year or two... Didn’t Jose manage three seasons?

Shaqiri of LFC now testing positive, seems to be going through the squad
That's worrying. Seems he was tested in Switzerland whilst on international duty so may have contracted COVID before travelling and had contact with others in the squad. On the bright side he's played once already this season for LFC so probably won't be called on again until after Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back