advertisement

New dishwasher

I'm confused, could a card carrying 'Virtue Signaller' please advise why the Lithuanians are fair game? Did I miss that meeting? Who else is it ok take the p#$$ out of?

Sean, I have one I would sell cheap if you’re interested and can pick up from Gloucestershire. Works perfectly.

I'm confused, could a card carrying 'Virtue Signaller' please advise why the Lithuanians are fair game? Did I miss that meeting? Who else is it ok take the p#$$ out of?
Sorry, probably a joke in bad taste. In my defence, I'm not taking the piss out of Lithuanians, so much as pointing out the earnings disparity between them and we Brits.

Sorry also if my output has been interpreted as virtue signalling. I shall try harder.

is that a typo? should it be 4,500 and not 4-500

Not unless you want an industrial one, four to five hundred buys a perfectly adequate one, we have a Bosch bought on the basis my wife says the one where she works is fine and it gets used a lot.

We’ve got a Miele too but the last one was a cheapo Hotpoint which lasted years and Bosch before that.

I’d go Bosch if you don’t want to fork out for a Miele. Either should be excellent

Bosch (or Neff, same thing different badge, we have an integrated Neff, all still good after 7 years).

Miele are good but v expensive (compared to Bosch), but we had Miele washing machine, but when it failed after (only!) 10 years we replaced it with a Bosch, as independent repairers would not work on them, so you are tied to expensive Miele repairers.
John Lewis own brand may be worth considering.

Bosch and by default Siemens and Neff had integrated the pump and heating element, so when the pump started to leak it dripped onto the element, and caused all the electrics to trip. My friendly repairman who does these things said it was a write-off, the part was about £200 and the whole thing needed dismantling to replace it. He’s brilliant and will only charge if he actually fixes it. We’d always been Bosch up till then, but he suggested Miele for dishwashers, AEG for washing machines, and Beko for tumble dryers, we’ve not seen him since!

To be honest, water quality can have as much of a bearing on how long a dishwasher lasts than what make it is. Hard water gives them a hard life.

We've had troubles with AEG, Bosch, John Lewis and others lasting only between 1 and 3 years. Record was the AEG which broke after only a few months of use (fixed by AEG fair enough but gave up completely after 18 months).

Then we bought a Siemens - a bit more expensive than others but ours has now been going for 6 years + no troubles at all. It also came with a proper 5 year warranty.

advertisement

Back