advertisement

2020 New Album Recommendations

Watch out for Dialectic Soul by Asher Gamedze. The first track on this promo video is spellbinding when heard in full:

Key Elements by Key Elements (new group to me, exciting sound; would love to see them live).
Natalie Slade: Control - her debut album, definitely one too watch or better yet listen too.
GoGo Penguin: GoGo Penguin (released in a couple of days, CD arriving 15th).
Gregory Porter: All Rise (pre-purchased, release late August).

I should give The Room In The Wood a plug. A fixture of the Liverpool music scene since the very early ‘80s and under various names; The Room, Benny Profane, Dead Cowboys, Cathedral Mountaineers and now The Room In The Wood. I really like these two albums, as good as anything Dave has ever done IMO, and they are lovely items on vinyl, just beautifully pressed and presented with good quality covers (especially the first which is a nice heavyweight gatefold). I bought them as they came out so snagged the red vinyl of the second one, but the discount on the pair on black vinyl is a bargain. He’s got a nice little song about Tories too:

Also picked up 10th anniversary edition of Four Tet's Rounds album complete with a CD of a live performance in Copenhagen from 2004. We went to Alexandra Palace show last year, and 42,000 lights later...!!!

IMG_1899 by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

Yes ALL of those are lights!!

advertisement

Back