advertisement

2020 New Album Recommendations

CocoRosie - Put the Shine On. Accessible Folk/Electric grown-up pop (though perhaps pop is stretching it). Enjoyed this, quite classy. Manages to play as a consistent, almost homogeneous offering, but not in a bad way. Definitely one to have a second listen to.

I've given this a few plays now and I quite like it. On a couple of tracks I'm reminded of early Joanna Newsom.

What a great thread - recognising that there is a lot of great music right now, rather than harking back to halcyon times that never were.

Secret Sisters, Marcus King Band and Matilda Mann are all very first class to me. Mathilda Mann has only an EP, but the woman from West London is good. Very good.

Really liking the Baxter Dury album, his last three release have all been winners for me - Prince of Tears, B.E.D. and The Night Chancers.
The Night Chancers is tremendous, loving it. From his back catalogue It's A Pleasure is great too and in a similar vein; Floorshow is rather different in being much more guitar based but well worth it.

advertisement

Back