advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else struggling with the new series of The Sinner?

No desire to spoil anything for anyone, I'm just 4-5 episodes in and finding it hard going compared to earlier series, especially the first.
I gave up after four episodes and googled the ending. It's never been must-watch TV for me, but seasons 1 and 2 were enjoyable and kept me interested; season 3 was a drag.

Heat is fairly untouchable in my book though, I'm probably being overly critical.
Nope Heat is right up there, can't remember how many times I've watched it Assume you've seen LA Takedown?

I do like Michael Mann movies, LOTM is brilliant too.

Wonder when/if he'll make the Heat prequel.

"What We Do In The Shadows" (Amazon). Taika Waititi's mockumentary about a colony of vampires living in suburban Wellington. Some genuine laugh-out-loud moments, and for once they weren't all in the 30 second trailer. It's also only a shade under 90 minutes - long enough to get the jokes in, not long enough to wear out the idea.
I can highly recommend the tv show as well, two series of which are currently on iplayer.

Mick

I really enjoyed Alex Ryder on Prime. They've made the lead older and it's very James Bond and entertaining.

Also how the hell did I miss Travelers? It's superb TV with a touch of the X-Files about it.

Stephen

Anyone else struggling with the new series of The Sinner?

No desire to spoil anything for anyone, I'm just 4-5 episodes in and finding it hard going compared to earlier series, especially the first.
It is not very good, rather unbelievable in places

There are some quality shows out there to stream/binge watch/on demand, I hate having to do the weekly episode wait (Walking Dead/GoT) and it’s great not having to buy the box sets.

Anthony Bourdain on Netflix.

The food is very good (hot dogs give him as much pleasure as the most exclusive ingredients), but his take on the countries and the people he meets is wonderfully insightful. One of a very few people who are well known that I would have been genuinely glad to sit down with. Why he committed suicide remains a mystery as far as I know.

Not sure if mentioned before, Deadwind 1 and 2 on Netflix are excellent cop shows from Finland, if you don't mind subtitles

Not quite up with Bordertown but decent watching
Glad you posted that, dunno how but Bordertown totally passed me by, started it last night. Do like the Scandi cop shows, the USA remake of the Bridge was OK and not the car crash I’d expected it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back