Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

I think one's enjoyment of this film's very much related to your age. I really enjoyed it, and appreciated the recreation of the times and events. Quentin can do no wrong in my eyes!

tqineil likes this.
  2. Big Tabs

Big Tabs “telling it like it isn’t...”

What age is the correct age to appreciate a film?

How do you get on with Hitchcocks early work? Or are you not old enough?

As you say "Quentin can do no wrong..." so he is immune to criticism in your eyes.

Hardly reassuring in terms of recommendations.

3. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Just in case you haven’t already seen it, there’s a really good documentary about Tarantino and his movies called QT8: The First Eight. It’s on Apple Movies, and you can rent it for 99p.

trailer here

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  4. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Ditto, bought the 4K disk - which is very rare for us to do nowadays, thought it was utter crap didn't even make it to the end, sloooooow...

From Reservoir Dogs laserdisc onwards I have a physical copy of everything Quentin has directed, but this was a real disappointment

Big Tabs likes this.
  5. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I think Tarantino is a pretty poor director these days, he’s made some absolute howlers. Django in chains is awful. I like reservoir dogs, pulp fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill vol 1 but little else.

6. Suffolk Tony

If you've lived through that era as a teenager. I like some of Hitchcock's work, but prefer Tarantino's films, all of which I've throughly enjoyed. I really couldn't care less if you don't happen to like my recommendations.

Ginger and slawekt like this.
  7. Big Tabs

@Suffolk Tony

It isn't about 'liking' your recommendations or not.

But if you are unable to be critical of an artist because you are such a fan, then it lessens the value of your recommendation.

If you are unable to acknowledge that, fair enough.

8. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Finishing Dark season three right now. Bl o o dy awesome.
    The kind of mind-blowing stuff you need to watch twice to figure everything out– not even sure I would to be honest :D

KrisW and tqineil like this.
  9. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

the last episode is a doozy

KrisW likes this.
  10. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Agree, top flick.

twotone likes this.
  11. tqineil

I really liked Django, Hateful Eight and Inglorious Basterds tbh, outstanding work

12. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

I've liked everything he's done bar this latest one - Hollywood, many folk seem to rate it though

13. Suffolk Tony

I guess you've completely misunderstood the tone of my posting; often a problem on forums. Mr Tarantino can do no wrong in my eyes. Until he does...

I'm not alone in really enjoying what's supposed to be his last film.

14. chartz

chartz pfm Member

You mean bad or odd?

15. Big Tabs

I am unable to read tone, only the words available.

It is supposed to be his penultimate film...

16. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Not seen the hateful eight, disliked the others

17. Colin L

Colin L LOU Attitude Adjuster

Just watched Dark, episode one of S3.... jeepers...I need to be reprogrammed.

tqineil likes this.
  18. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I watched Bladerunner 2049 on Prime last night. Very long, but an enjoyable sequel. Still good to see some CRTs knocking around in the future!

19. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

Just a bit :confused: , I had to do a quick recap of each previous episode before carrying on with the next one .

20. tqineil

I might have to watch the show again tbh