advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Trade deals don't work that way especially when they are written by the dominant partner (not the UK in this case btw). If you aren't aware of how it works try google.
I suggest googling TTIP and ISDS (Investor-State Dispute Resolution) as a start.

A major trade deal will specify a dispute arbitration forum. In any US trade deal this will favour the US. Cancelling a trade deal, even if it's possible, will open the flood gates to restitution and deemed profits claims from any US company that's invested in the UK market, think healthcare, pharma, food or other manufacturers.

You naiveté in expecting anybody being able to examine the deal before signing is quite endearing. It's already been widely reported that the government will negotiate and sign the deal with no parliamentary oversight and the details will be kept secret for 5 years thereafter. The US have insisted that country of origin food labelling has to go, so you wont even be able to choose whether to buy US produced crap or not.
Not what I said, but carry on, tough guy.

I vote SNP more for to get away from Westminster which is a fossil institution run mostly by elite school boys with privileged back grounds who want for nothing. I would be happy with much more power for the Scottish parliament with that parliament in control of it's own financial tax collection. Then payments made for things like defence. That would for me hold the Union together. Unfortunately that wont happen as such independence will eventually come.
The first sentence is spot on. When the SNP run the country on a 7% deficit with limited grasp of the purse strings just think what they could do with full control and that is before any EU ambitious joining and spending program using cheap EU money/debt. I would be surprised if there was another UK referendum for anything after Brexit.

The first sentence is spot on. When the SNP run the country on a 7% deficit with limited grasp of the purse strings just think what they could do with full control and that is before any EU ambitious joining and spending program using cheap EU money/debt. I would be surprised if there was another UK referendum for anything after Brexit.
Colin, how are you doing with the Black Lives Matter demonstrations in Britain, those statues coming down? Should we be protecting our monuments more in this new non- EU Britain?

Colin You are reading this completely wrong and your just being a tough guy. It is ok if others tell people to go google something but you are just being nasty when you suggest the same thing. That's just how the world works. You are like a lot of other bad people on PFM.;)

Trade deals with the US are just like going to the sweet shop. You can pick something different whenever you choose. It is very simples. For example UK might get fed up with the US sweet shop deal and go for Brexit2 and make a better deal with a much bigger trading bloc then the US. Of course the UK will always hold the ace cards.

A lot of nonsense has been posted on PFM over the last couple of years about trade deals. Sure they can be done real quick and changed at will. As Tommy Cooper would say 'Just like that'
Really it is best to take the option to wait until the deal is done and the details come out. Sure it will be all ok and we can examine it and think about it then.

Off with you now tough guy :)

Major Trade deals don't work that way especially when they are written by the dominant partner (not the UK in this case btw). If you aren't aware of how it works try google.
I suggest googling TTIP and ISDS (Investor-State Dispute Resolution) as a start.

A major trade deal will specify a dispute arbitration forum. In any US trade deal this will favour the US. Cancelling a trade deal, even if it's possible, will open the flood gates to restitution and deemed profits claims from any US company that's invested in the UK market, think healthcare, pharma, food or other manufacturers.

You naiveté in expecting anybody being able to examine the deal before signing is quite endearing. It's already been widely reported that the government will negotiate and sign the deal with no parliamentary oversight and the details will be kept secret for 5 years thereafter. The US have insisted that country of origin food labelling has to go, so you wont even be able to choose whether to buy US produced crap or not.

Last edited:
Colin, how are you doing with the Black Lives Matter demonstrations in Britain, those statues coming down? Should we be protecting our monuments more in this new non- EU Britain?
Another diversion Hugh from Scottish independence, rejoining of the EU and being dependent on them to make ends meet. An end game of Troika is saved only by other EU members worried that their cohesion funds will be diverted and of course Scotland did vote to remain part of the UK.

Colin You are reading this completing wrong and your just being a tough guy. It is ok if others tell people to go google something but you are just being nasty when you suggest the same thing. That's just how the world works. You are like a lot of other bad people on PFM.;)

Trade deals with the US are just like going to the sweet shop. You can pick something different whenever you choose. It is very simples. For example UK might get fed up with the US sweet shop deal and go for Brexit2 and make a better deal with a much bigger trading bloc then the US. Of course the UK will always hold the ace cards.

A lot of nonsense has been posted on PFM over the last couple of years about trade deals. Sure they can be done real quick and changed at will. As Tommy Cooper would say 'Just like that'
Really it is best to take the option to wait until the deal is done and the details come out. Sure it will be all ok and we can examine it and think about it then.

Off with you now tough guy :)
Well said.

Another diversion Hugh from Scottish independence, rejoining of the EU and being dependent on them to make ends meet. An end game of Troika is saved only by other EU members worried that their cohesion funds will be diverted and of course Scotland did vote to remain part of the UK.
Do you know what I’ve noticed? You’re only on pfm to post on one single issue- its quite striking. Fair enough given the thread title- the upsides of Brexit -yet strange you’ve chosen not to offer a single one but instead choose to deflect to the EU and Scotland or Ireland.
So what is your vision for your own country post-Brexit?

The US have insisted that country of origin food labelling has to go, so you wont even be able to choose whether to buy US produced crap or not.

So I guess Acme Food Corp can subcontract food production to any third world hellhole and you will be none the wiser, good luck buying powdered baby milk anyone.

Do you know what I’ve noticed? You’re only on pfm to post on one single issue- its quite striking. Fair enough given the thread title- the upsides of Brexit -yet strange you’ve chosen not to offer a single one but instead choose to deflect to the EU and Scotland or Ireland.
So what is your vision for your own country post-Brexit?
Unless there are some great wealth innovations as yet to be discovered, the UK along with most of the developed countries have a problem of an aging population and the industry to pay for it moving out. Add to this the expectation of ever improving standard of living, which at the moment is made possible by cheap imported goods mainly from China.
I don't believe being tied to the ever increasing aspirations and cost of the EU is the way forward for the UK.

Remove Nigel Farage from his position at LBC radio for incitement of racial hatred. https://www.change.org

Farage has compared Black Lives Matter to the Taliban. He is evil and you can help to get shot of him by signing this petition.

"Nigel Farage is known for his inflammatory comments and incitement of racial hatred, division and violence. Yet he still remains employed by LBC radio, where he is given a platform to spout his dangerous views to millions.
Yesterday he compared the Black Lives Matter protesters and black lives matter movement to the Taliban. He is trying to dismantle a very necessary majority peaceful movement, and cause harm by pushing extreme right wing propaganda.
LBC must sack Farage immediately, and stop being a platform for dangerous right wing rhetoric."

Jack

Unless there are some great wealth innovations as yet to be discovered, the UK along with most of the developed countries have a problem of an aging population and the industry to pay for it moving out. Add to this the expectation of ever improving standard of living, which at the moment is made possible by cheap imported goods mainly from China.
I don't believe being tied to the ever increasing aspirations and cost of the EU is the way forward for the UK.
That wasn’t what I asked. I asked what your vision was for England not about Chinese imports. What is it?

I asked what your vision or aspirations were for your own country post Brexit. Instead it’s like talking to a speak your weight machine.

On the US trade deal and food standards thing, if it happens, I intend to write to the supermarkets I use and tell them that unless I can still check the provenance of the food I buy, I’ll go elsewhere. I’ll almost certainly shop more in small local food shops and markets, where I can find out where their meat and veg came from. This lot are marketeers, so let’s let the market know we’re not buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back