advertisement

Infected Cummings travelled around England with disease. Fire him now.

What I find somewhat ironic by all those people frothing at the mouth at what Cummings did is the fact that The Daily Mirror and The Grauniad who ran an expose on The Mirror's activities over the phone hacking scandal are now driving the agenda of what to do about Cummings. The Daily Mirror were an anathema to anyone and who valued their privacy. Their activities were beyond the pale not so long ago but now they are esteemed crusading journalists looking out for the little man and bringing the rich, the powerful and the privileged to heel.

According to The Observer correspondent when being interviewed on the BBC after Cumming's Show that there was a National Emergency raging in this country at the moment but she was more concerned about what Cummings did rather than how the Government is going to deal with situation. Only a blind, deaf and dumb individual could not notice the complete and utter hatred that was being directed at Cummings by the journalists present.

There was a time when journalists reported on the news, not directed or made the news to sell copy or gain viewing figures. The Professor from Durham University summed it pretty well when she said most working class people in this country are not particularly bothered by this saga they are more concerned about whether there will be a job for them to go back to or how they are going to pay their bills.

Most if not all those braying for Cummings blood are Remainers and are now directing their fury at Cummings in an act of revenge for having lost the Brexit argument. To suggest otherwise is to be disingenuous at best, to be a downright liar at worse.

This is gibberish. You're out of your mind.

Absolutely, as up to now even dickheads have mostly been following lockdown, now non-dickheads are also questioning the bloody point.
Indeed. Mrs P-T and I walked the half mile to our local town centre earlier, and it was a real effort to maintain social distancing. Until now,it has only been the occasional inattentive numpty we had to avoid. Today it was more like the majority of people we encountered. People will take from this situation that the rules don’t need to be strictly adhered to, or even that they are only for mugs. And who can blame them?

A lot of his spiel was carefully worked out but he seems to have run out of time between the press conference and when Johnson advised him not to blatantly lie about Barnard Castle because they had checked that the witness was reliable and had made a police complaint. So Dom had to come up with something fast without rehearsal and it just sounded like something a 12 year old would make up to evade the truth. Now Johnson says he believes the eye sight story too. It’s the kind of idiocy Trump comes out with. Comedians are going to milk this for years.

Last edited:
So Dom had to come up with something fast without rehearsal and it just sounded like something a 12 year old would make up to evade the truth. Now Johnson says he believes the eye sight story too. It’s the kind of idiocy Trump comes out with. Comedians are going to milk this for years.

I refer to my earlier post. If Durham Police go for it, and then assign an appropriately experienced investigator, then he’s cooked.

Absolutely, as up to now even dickheads have mostly been following lockdown, now non-dickheads are also questioning the bloody point.
Sorry but this was happening even before this fiasco. We need realise how people have changed their behaviour over the last 2 weeks.. I've seen the changes in the park behind us. Cummins has many faults but his trip is not to blame for this shift. You guys are letting the government off...they are responsible for the unclear messages.. yes Cummins is part of this but it's a witch-hunt which deflects responsibility from Boris.

Outlining the advantages of a no deal will be a piece of cake. Can you not see he was in a tricky situation and just read the rules properly? His concern and passion to do the right thing is obvious but remoaners are just sore losers. He even did a driving test in a safe area before coming back to work. What more could the poor man do.

I'm far from being a Cummins supporter but let's move on. He should have openned up earlier but we need more scrutiny on more significant C19 issues. I know it can be claimed Cummins actions changes peoples' behaviours but move on.
Cough. Far, please.

A lot of his spiel was carefully worked out but he seems to have run out of time between the press conference and when Johnson advised him to not to blatantly lie about Barnard Castle because they had checked that the witness was reliable and had made a police complaint. So Dom had to come up with something fast without rehearsal and it just sounded like something a 12 year old would make up to evade the truth. Now Johnson says he believes the eye sight story too. It’s the kind of idiocy Trump comes out with. Comedians are going to milk this for years.

Indeed - most likely this was cooked up during the 30 min delay before the start of the press conference in the Rose Garden.

I’m very disappointed in the questions asked at the outset, both Laura K and Peston were especially weak. How no-one pointed out that he made the trip to the castle on his wife’s birthday and how he managed to keep a 4 year old in the car without stopping for 5 hours .... very obvious and not asked

Sorry but this was happening even before this fiasco. We need realise how people have changed their behaviour over the last 2 weeks.. I've seen the changes in the park behind us. Cummins has many faults but his trip is not to blame for this shift. You guys are letting the government off...they are responsible for the unclear messages.. yes Cummins is part of this but it's a witch-hunt which deflects responsibility from Boris.
If you'd been paying attention you'd know who briefed the papers 2 weeks ago that Lockdown was coming to an end. Jesus.

The plot thickens.

Whilst Cummings was in Durham, his sister became company director at IDOX who have a partnership with NHS and GSK, based at Barnard Castle, announced they are to develop a covid vaccine. Both announced 14 April. The day Cummings returned to Downing St.

Less likely to be true than an eye test?

The Government are handing out contracts without tender left right and centre.

Stephen

advertisement

Back