advertisement

Infected Cummings travelled around England with disease. Fire him now.

Is driving with suspect eyesight and impaired judgement a road traffic offence?

Johnson making a cvnt of himself with the answer to Rowena Mason on that very subject. Said a 60 mile trip to test eyesight was "plausible".

When a SPAD is giving a press conference about whether or not his conduct amounted to breaching rules in the middle of a national emergency where tens of thousands of people have died,then that is evidence enough that he should have resigned.

The organ grinder even managed to push his pet monkey’s daily Covid 19 press conference back to 7:00pm. Yet another example of the Conservative Party placing its own self-interest ahead of the nation. Global pandemic killing tens of thousands? Who cares, this is about the Tory feeding trough, and they will prioritise accordingly.

One also has to question the whole ‘presidential’ presentation of everything. Nothing is ever done under the full scrutiny of the House Of Commons these days. I obviously realise Covid 19 has impacted that, but the lack of scrutiny and whole ‘we are above the law’ thing has been evident for a long while now, e.g. when it took decent folk like Gina Miller to get these entitled shits to play by the law of the land. Its been on a trajectory further off the rails ever since.

I'm far from being a Cummins supporter but let's move on. He should have openned up earlier but we need more scrutiny on more significant C19 issues. I know it can be claimed Cummins actions changes peoples' behaviours but move on.

Time was when a minister would resign without having to be pushed simply for undermining public confidence in government. Here we have a SpAd conducting his own one hour press conference from Downing Street defying calls to resign while using the platform to lie further about breaching the regulations he himself has set for everyone in the country. It’s completely ****ing mad.

I'm far from being a Cummins supporter but let's move on. He should have openned up earlier but we need more scrutiny on more significant C19 issues. I know it can be claimed Cummins actions changes peoples' behaviours but move on.

Johnson slandered the press for lying about this story (his 'campaigning papers' comments).

Cummings confirms that the stories are true.

We need Johnson at least to apologise to the Guardian and Mirror journalists.

He's admitted to endangering his family twice, twice!

Stephen

Last edited:
Is driving with suspect eyesight and impaired judgement a road traffic offence?

You would need to test the driver, and ensure they were wearing the corrected eyesight spectacles/contacts. Always best to do this at the time they are stopped. If you can’t do this, you default to Due care/reasonable consideration, and access his doctors records to confirm his condition.

Of course, the onus is on the driver to ensure they are fit to drive, including seeking the appropriate medical advice. Unless he’s a registered eye doctor/expert, then I would be pushing the ‘if you were unsure, then why did you drive anyway?’ Question. Is this reasonable behaviour for a driver? Etc etc

For me the childcare question is one thing. But driving to ‘test yourself’ is entirely another. There would be a reasonable expectation that medical advice would be sought.

What I find somewhat ironic by all those people frothing at the mouth at what Cummings did is the fact that The Daily Mirror and The Grauniad who ran an expose on The Mirror's activities over the phone hacking scandal are now driving the agenda of what to do about Cummings. The Daily Mirror were an anathema to anyone and who valued their privacy. Their activities were beyond the pale not so long ago but now they are esteemed crusading journalists looking out for the little man and bringing the rich, the powerful and the privileged to heel.

According to The Observer correspondent when being interviewed on the BBC after Cumming's Show that there was a National Emergency raging in this country at the moment but she was more concerned about what Cummings did rather than how the Government is going to deal with situation. Only a blind, deaf and dumb individual could not notice the complete and utter hatred that was being directed at Cummings by the journalists present.

There was a time when journalists reported on the news, not directed or made the news to sell copy or gain viewing figures. The Professor from Durham University summed it pretty well when she said most working class people in this country are not particularly bothered by this saga they are more concerned about whether there will be a job for them to go back to or how they are going to pay their bills.

Most if not all those braying for Cummings blood are Remainers and are now directing their fury at Cummings in an act of revenge for having lost the Brexit argument. To suggest otherwise is to be disingenuous at best, to be a downright liar at worse.

Aren’t the bluebells lovely?

Jm3FZmV.jpg

What I find somewhat ironic by all those people frothing at the mouth at what Cummings did is the fact that The Daily Mirror and The Grauniad who ran an expose on The Mirror's activities over the phone hacking scandal are now driving the agenda of what to do about Cummings. The Daily Mirror were an anathema to anyone and who valued their privacy. Their activities were beyond the pale not so long ago but now they are esteemed crusading journalists looking out for the little man and bringing the rich, the powerful and the privileged to heel.

According to The Observer correspondent when being interviewed on the BBC after Cumming's Show that there was a National Emergency raging in this country at the moment but she was more concerned about what Cummings did rather than how the Government is going to deal with situation. Only a blind, deaf and dumb individual could not notice the complete and utter hatred that was being directed at Cummings by the journalists present.

There was a time when journalists reported on the news, not directed or made the news to sell copy or gain viewing figures. The Professor from Durham University summed it pretty well when she said most working class people in this country are not particularly bothered by this saga they are more concerned about whether there will be a job for them to go back to or how they are going to pay their bills.

Most if not all those braying for Cummings blood are Remainers and are now directing their fury at Cummings in an act of revenge for having lost the Brexit argument. To suggest otherwise is to be disingenuous at best, to be a downright liar at worse.
‘Don’t look over there, look over here’

I thought Gary Gibbons (ch4 news) made an excellent point about Johnson knowing about this for six weeks.

When pressed about that Cummings obfuscated big time.

Time was when a minister would resign without having to be pushed simply for undermining public confidence in government. Here we have a SpAd conducting his own one hour press conference from Downing Street defying calls to resign while using the platform to lie further about breaching the regulations he himself has set for everyone in the country. It’s completely ****ing mad.
To be fair, those times are long gone and, arguably, the rot started with New Labour.

Brexteers worried about liars, more irony in action. Would you drive 60 miles to test your eyesight? Family on board, of course you do.

advertisement

Back