advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot that bit - yes my wall distances are done in the 8c's. It has two analogue stereo inputs. I use the phono inputs for my Heed Quazar phono stage, and the XLR inputs from the Onkyo Av Reciever. I'm not sure it has enough analogue inputs for what you need?

Two rca analogue inputs only? Not plus two XLR's?

@Old Valve Git The MiniDSPSHD acts as a controller/pre amp. It accepts inputs from the LP12, Zenith and also the Av Reciever. It then sends a digital, corrective eq’ed signal to the D&D speakers. All the room eq measurements, sorted by Lee from Strictly Stereo, are in the MiniDSPSHD.

If you have any more questions, please ask away?

Andy.

Thanks Andy,

With your answer and some of the other answers, I think I get it. Seems sensible to feed the speakers digitally, the mini DSP looks like a good solution for a digital preamp. Enjoy! Does the cat have its own playlist!

Have put a Auralic Vega back in for DAC duties and repositioned the speakers which has resulted in a much better sound.

It's shocking how good these Heco Direkts really are.

Untitled by The Biglebowski, on Flickr
How've you found the Hecos compared to AN speakers? Didn't you have Js at one point, or Es? I heard the Direkts demoed once - quiet stunning sound. Look cool too.

How've you found the Hecos compared to AN speakers? Didn't you have Js at one point, or Es? I heard the Direkts demoed once - quiet stunning sound. Look cool too.

Had them all

AN-k Sp/e
AN-J Lx Hemp
AN-E Lx

Very big call but I think the Hecos sound better than all of them (the J's were something special though)

Finally got my 'lockdown' system sorted and singing today. Must say I am rather blown away by the Ref 3's, they seem to partner beautifully with the Sony amp and it sounds great. Very pleased I overspent on my original budget because I now have something with satisfying SQ. I have played around with positioning since these pics, they are further apart but more heavily toed in. Seems to be a winner.

20200419_192652 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

20200420_214114 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

20200419_192725 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

The room is a mess as this pic shows. It's waiting for the Mrs to give it a good painting, some decent curtains etc and then I can start unpacking all my music and setup my proper front end. Then the long wait for my new speakers begins, these Kefs will keep me satisfied though. if someone spots a pair of Ref 4's in rosewood for sale let me know, I think I would like them :)

20200419_192701 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Yes. Due to my ongoing hearing issues, I researched cutting out external noise to them reduce volumes - this to protect what's left of my hearing. I suffer from mild-moderate hearing loss, and have good and bad days. The band I play in insist on rehearsing at gig level volumes, so I monitor my keys, vocals etc at a more reasonable level via these. I've also ordered the bluetooth headphone amp recommended on the thread I recently started - that comes tomorrow.

Playing shows with in-ears is a game changer. We went through a few different levels, first just me with vocals and guitar in them, then the whole band wireless with our own small analog mixer, then a digital mixer with an app for our phones so we could make adjustments ourselves during shows. Panning, effects, compression—it sounded like a record. Saved our hearing too!

Playing shows with in-ears is a game changer. We went through a few different levels, first just me with vocals and guitar in them, then the whole band wireless with our own small analog mixer, then a digital mixer with an app for our phones so we could make adjustments ourselves during shows. Panning, effects, compression—it sounded like a record. Saved our hearing too!

I run a separate mix to a headphone amp - not gone wireless yet, but we don't yet do enough gigs to make that worthwhile. Just purchased an AKG Headset mic, too. That, plus the replacement in-ears, will make it much easier for me when stood behind the keys.

Finally got my 'lockdown' system sorted and singing today. Must say I am rather blown away by the Ref 3's, they seem to partner beautifully with the Sony amp and it sounds great. Very pleased I overspent on my original budget because I now have something with satisfying SQ. I have played around with positioning since these pics, they are further apart but more heavily toed in. Seems to be a winner.

The room is a mess as this pic shows. It's waiting for the Mrs to give it a good painting, some decent curtains etc and then I can start unpacking all my music and setup my proper front end. Then the long wait for my new speakers begins, these Kefs will keep me satisfied though. if someone spots a pair of Ref 4's in rosewood for sale let me know, I think I would like them :)

Looks a good size room Si. I look forward to hearing the new speaker / amps when they're arrived and running. You must keep the ceiling lights though, they’re lovely:eek:

@david ellwood that involves others spending some money.:rolleyes:

My headphone mix is slightly different to the FOH mix, so I can hear my keys and vocals clearly, and harmonise with the singer.

Looks a good size room Si. I look forward to hearing the new speaker / amps when they're arrived and running. You must keep the ceiling lights though, they’re lovely:eek:

Yes, thanks for noticing Colin, those ceiling lights are a real highlight. They matched the utterly horrid wallpaper that we have already removed and I will be sad to see them go, after I have run over them in the car many times! The room is a little over 5 x 7m on a concrete slab, it is a nice space and once I have fully treated the walls and ceiling, it is going to make a fantastic sounding room.

Be lucky to have the speakers and sound treatment before Christmas.:(

Nice sized room. I had some KEF 104/2s with a Sony TA-F770ES and it was a superb combo! Is that a 770ES or 880ES? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back