advertisement

Andrew Sabisky.

Miss him. Not.
Perhaps he served as a useful reminder that such views are not that unusual. Personally, I actually thought PP was being ironic, but it soon became clear it was from the heart.

As a story this will have disappeared in a few days, which kinda shows how mainstream, how widely accepted, such views are. Depressing

This lot are working to destroy civil service orthodoxy and replace it with a recruitment process conducted by a political freak calling for other personality disorders to apply for the jobs. It’s just an ‘unfortunate coincidence’ that one of the first appears to be a white supremacist member of the religious right who had sought to legitimise rape within marriage again. Stand by for a piece in the Spectator along the lines of “He was yet another gentle conservative voice brought down by political correctness and Marxists”.Cummings, Gove, TobyJugs et al will be right back showing their teeth this time- after all who governs this country?
Certainly what Cummings wants, but this suggests he doesn’t really know how: it’s not just that the ideas are unremarkable in these circles, it’s that he already moves in these circles - he’s already a wonk. It’s a really conventional, unremarkable appointment.

Listen to the voices of the Government and their supporters. They see this as their chance (Brexit and majority) to destroy what they see as the ‘liberal left’.

The universities, judiciary and BBC will he first. The UK is now firmly in the grip of right-wing populism.

I wonder what the ‘one nation’ Conservatives think? I’m not sure they see the danger yet.

Stephen
The question is, do the rest of us see the danger. Because most one nation Tories are pretty much on board with this kind of thing and the rest prepared to put up with it for the sake of whatever their own particular Tory crank issue is. The Conservative Party have learned that they do best when they steer well clear of Cameroonian triangulation and just turn up the Enoch Powell dial to 11. Modern Toryism is Powellism.

The question is, do the rest of us see the danger. Because most one nation Tories are pretty much on board with this kind of thing and the rest prepared to put up with it for the sake of whatever their own particular Tory crank issue is. The Conservative Party have learned that they do best when they steer well clear of Cameroonian triangulation and just turn up the Enoch Powell dial to 11. Modern Toryism is Powellism.

I hope not. I hope it is just part of the Brexit clusterf£€k. Doesn't seem like we can go back to pre- 23/6/16 though.

Interesting that the only Minister to criticise the appointment is Kwasi Kwarteng

I wonder when it's going to occur to him that he's in a Government that gains its support from, and contains, those who hate people like him?

Stephen
Caroline Nokes did too, although she’s also anti gay and nevertheless been promoted to Equalities Minister and does a nice line in expenses
https://www.romseyadvertiser.co.uk/...roline-nokes-costs-taxpayer-100-000-expenses/

It's the alt-right fightback against diversity, unconscious bias and equality. Everything 'woke' might stand for.

The reason it's not bigger news is that the press also support this. The BBC and universities don't so they have to go. The proposed 'Ofsteading' of HE will neuter it as a progressive force. The BBC will wither and die.

In this light, Sabisky was the perfect appointment. He's the kind of 'maverick and weirdo' they want.

I'm sure it'll be gay marriage and civil partnerships that are attacked next and, eventually, capital punishment introduced. Maybe even the forced deportation of 'undesirables.'

Wait, that's already happening.

Johnson is the smiling (stupid) face of authoritarianism.

Give it a couple of years and Sabisky wouldn't have gone. This will be the de-facto position of the UK Government.

Stephen
The Conservative Party has absorbed ukippers, Brexit Party members and Yaxley-Violent Crim’s followers. Just look at the ERG. They’re not going to stop at Conservative lines put in place by Cameron- they despise him and his liberal social policies like equal marriage. Have a look at UKIP European Parliamentary voting records on social policy ( when the lazy gits actually turned up for work). The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

update,

Looks like the only minister to publicly criticise this guy’s appointment and racist views is Kwertang. Stoney silence from the white men. Is Kwertang ready to take on Cummings and his clients?

Last edited:
Interesting that the only Minister to criticise the appointment is Kwasi Kwarteng

I wonder when it's going to occur to him that he's in a Government that gains its support from, and contains, those who hate people like him?

Stephen

He criticised it, but was audibly desperate to gloss it as ‘he’s resigned, end of issue, let’s move on’.

To me, that signals that even Kwarteng is willing to go along with what it says about his party that this repulsive ****wit was hired in the first place.

And the media scrutiny. Well, WATO was entirely supine - 2 commentators, both of whom entirely partisan in favour of the govt, and swallowing the line that the fault lies almost exclusively with Sabisky for not having owned up to past dodginess when they hired him. No mention at all that one of the sources for his excrement was a posting on Dominic Cummings’ own blog.

Racist Sabisky was recruited by Johnson's far-right advisor Cummings to work for our xenophobic PM. The Tory Brexiteers, and Labour Leavers who jumped ship, have got what the voted for - a goosestep towards fascism.

I've always wondered how Kwarteng, or any non-white, could be in the Conservative Party. Kwarteng didn't question the judgement of Cummings and Johnson, when he was interviewed. He seems happy to kowtow as long as his salary is paid.

Jack

Last edited:
I've always wondered how Kwarteng, or any non-white, could be in the Conservative Party.
That's right. The Tories should ban all non-whites before they even think about joining.

Or could it be that in the Tories' party manifesto, there are a few other words written than just 'racism' ?

Racist Sabisky was recruited by Johnson's far-right advisor Cummings to work for our xenophobic PM. The Tory Brexiteers, and Labour Leavers who jumped ship, have got what the voted for - a goosestep towards fascism.

I've always wondered how Kwarteng, or any non-white, could be in the Conservative Party. Kwarteng didn't question the judgement of Cummings and Johnson, when he was interviewed. He seems happy to kowtow as long as the salary keeps coming in.

Jack

Class trumps skin colour ;)

Both Trump and BoJo have been careful to put a few non-whites in prominent positions. They are equally carefully chosen to not cause too much trouble. If they are non-white, female and genuinely nasty like the awful Patel woman that is a bonus.

Even the tories would draw a line there.

I don’t know, dress it up in some bollocks pseudo-science about genetics and call it something like ‘visionary policy unorthodoxastics’ or possibly something involving the word imagineering.

Seems to have worked for Sabisky.

advertisement

Back