advertisement

what is wrong in this picture?

I see I am not alone in needing to get out more. Roll on a bit of sunshine, then I can wash the bike. Takes too long to dry otherwise.

Well I've learnt something at least, who knew it was bad form to not wear anything under a suit or even a shirt for that matter?

back in the 90s there was a study that looked at the social interactions of teens getting together to watch rented (mainly VHS) horror movies. among the key findings was a display of sex-role-appropriate behaviour, whereby girls reacted to scary scenes with lots of terrified vocal responses like shrieks, whereas the boys pretended to be cool and not afraid.

your reaction here is either a variation on the cool teen boy or you want me to believe you are so stupid as to not understand why soiling the underarm area of a suit that costs at least 100 to 10,000 times the price of an undergarment is wrong. that's even before we get into the crass aspects of gino fashion showmanship.

Was there not a period ( late 80s?) when it was fashionable to wear a lapel jacket with sleeves rolled to mid forearm and nothing on underneath to the disco while putting a lot of Bolivian plant kitchen up the nose?

that's even before we get into the crass aspects of gino fashion showmanship.

What does ‘gino’ mean? Not a term I’ve heard before, but the best I can google up is a racist term against Italians. Surely not that?!

PS I assume wool hats and gloves are ‘out’ in your world? That’s me banged to rights!

I saw a bloke the other day with his bottom waistcoat button done up. Didn't say anything as I thought he's causing offence to no-one and is making much more of an effort than most, so it's none of my business.

If I see him again making the same catastrophic error though I will point it out that that is simply not the done thing and he really should keep up with the times.

back in the 90s there was a study that looked at the social interactions of teens getting together to watch rented (mainly VHS) horror movies. among the key findings was a display of sex-role-appropriate behaviour, whereby girls reacted to scary scenes with lots of terrified vocal responses like shrieks, whereas the boys pretended to be cool and not afraid.

your reaction here is either a variation on the cool teen boy or you want me to believe you are so stupid as to not understand why soiling the underarm area of a suit that costs at least 100 to 10,000 times the price of an undergarment is wrong. that's even before we get into the crass aspects of gino fashion showmanship.

I've never owned or wore a suit, I've not the first clue of shirt/suit etiquette, and frankly couldn't care less that somebody I've never heard of wears nothing under his!

I've no idea what Gino fashion showmanship is either.

Am I the only one who looks at Dominic Cummings and thinks 'Mekon'?

URZzyz5qYuEEAihQGXnKDDZmpAT56P-dvPjqNpjFszcijlZBUCNNfv0o64wgJpri6cqpd8lykgjiU4fySgMaa3ha2e2fyGhzFUBaZw
Don’t know wot you mean...
49542124027_9643d73764_o.jpg

I've no idea what Gino fashion showmanship is either.

I do, last time i heard it was in the early 1980s when I was at school, and it was purely used in a derogatory sense to point out a certain attire style. Yes it is racist.

The only time I tried following similar celebrity fashion trends I was arrested when I went into a branch of Early Learning Centre to buy some Lego.

9-prince-e28093-dirty-mind-1980.jpg

Spock, incognito on a distant planet in the Delta Quadrant that has emulated 20th century Earth American culture, because an Earth ship had long ago crashed and the only thing remaining was a cheap pulp fiction novel, comes to mind.

On the subject of Cummings and fashion, it's certainly a look...

Well if he wants to look like a slang term for part of the female anatomy.. he's succeeding.

Thing is he surely lknowws what he looks like.. so why? Is he really a diversion from the reality of his own masters and their nefarious activities?

I saw a bloke the other day with his bottom waistcoat button done up. Didn't say anything as I thought he's causing offence to no-one and is making much more of an effort than most, so it's none of my business.

If I see him again making the same catastrophic error though I will point it out that that is simply not the done thing and he really should keep up with the times.

I'm surprised you did not break down in tears and anguish there and then at the sight of the complete collapse of European civilization as we know it. You must be a strong man! But I do not understand the bit about keeping up with the times. Bottom waistcoat buttons have NEVER been done up.

advertisement

Back